Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2016, 15:02   #916

Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Text point logic

I've been having a look at the text point feature of OD as I see it as being a very useful additions. Something similar to the points feature of OziExplorer that allows me to name features and comment on things on home made charts. However I can't make it work as I expect.. Could be error between the screen and the keyboard but I suspect some screwed up logic somewhere.

I create a text point.

1st question - I can't see any UserIcons; any chance they could be accessed?

OK so I've created my point. I fill in a name - nothing appears on the chart.

I then go to the "Display text" tab and click the radio button "Always".

I get a rollover effect but it's not what I expect. It reads "Text Point: Name: my point name" my point name being what I have called the point. I would not expect to see the label "Text Point: Name" here.

If I enter some text into the box "Text to Display with Point" it shows up irrespective of the status of Always or Rollover.

If I now click on the radio button "Never" the name gets a rollover behavior.

At this point my brain fried and I decided to call for help.

Chris
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 17:26   #917

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

I create a text point.

1st question - I can't see any UserIcons; any chance they could be accessed? -Right Click pick properties, select icon

Quote:
(CHECK SHOW NAME) Check the box - The Name, Description and nav details always appear in the yellow rollover bubble, if don't want to clutter the chart.

Quote:
Quote:
I get a rollover effect but it's not what I expect. It reads "Text Point: Name: my point name" my point name being what I have called the point. I would not expect to see the label "Text Point: Name" here.
Quote:
If I enter some text into the box "Text to Display with Point" it shows up irrespective of the status of Always or Rollover.
- You have a choice Always, Rollover, never.

Quote:
Rollover behavior is standard. We need it for EBL and other functions.

Chris
How about reading the excellent manual online?
This is proven to unfry brains! Also don't think seaclear.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 19:20   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
I create a text point.

1st question - I can't see any UserIcons; any chance they could be accessed? -Right Click pick properties, select icon

(CHECK SHOW NAME) Check the box - The Name, Description and nav details always appear in the yellow rollover bubble, if don't want to clutter the chart.

- You have a choice Always, Rollover, never.

Rollover behavior is standard. We need it for EBL and other functions.

Chris
How about reading the excellent manual online?
This is proven to unfry brains! Also don't think seaclear.

Rick .., I think you might want to go back and re-read what I wrote.

Rollover, always, never do not work. At least not in any standard way that I have ever seen.

Seaclear - no idea what your talking about - don't make assumptions. If you feel the need to answer please at least read the dammed post.

Chau!

SY Morgane
http://tweedsworld.com
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 20:42   #919

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
Just fixed an issue with Text Point when using OpenGL. The 'On Rollover' functioned the same as always when displaying the text. This is patch 626.

My change to OCPN has been accepted into git so now when you start OCPN in the log you will see whether you are using PNG or SVG icons. This information message comes straight after the ones about loading styles. So if you have having issues with OD and SVG icons can you please check in the log and make sure that OCPN is also using SVG icons. If the message does not show up you will need a newer version of OCPN.

I have uploaded two different release builds of 1317 to dropbox, one for SVG icons and one for PNG icons. You will find them here:
PNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mqhnd54r6...e-png.exe?dl=0

SVG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3838qrysf...e-svg.exe?dl=0

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 21:14   #920

Chris,
Text points have two display strings, the first being the name, which is just a single line of text, usually naming the point, the second being what I have called 'Display Text' which is multi-line, font selectable and you can change the background.

You can show or hide this name in the point properties access by 1) double left clicking the text point, 2) right clicking the text point, 3) by selecting the point in the Path and Point manager. You can show the 'Display Text' Always, On Rollover or Never. I have just fixed an issue when using OpenGL that the text was displayed always or never, in non-opengl it worked correctly.

The reason for the different show types was some users found the screen getting too cluttered with all the text on so wanted to have the text only displayed on rollover, so this was added as well as never. Never, I would think, would be used if the screen is too crowded, so it is distracting, but there is multi-line information associated with the point the user wants to maintain.

In the preferences for the plugin you can set the default behaviour the way you would normally like it, but at any time you can change the behaviour of any item you have drawn by accessing its properties.

You can add user icons you just need to store them in the correct location then they will show up. Check the OCPN main manual.

Regards
Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Text point logic

I've been having a look at the text point feature of OD as I see it as being a very useful additions. Something similar to the points feature of OziExplorer that allows me to name features and comment on things on home made charts. However I can't make it work as I expect.. Could be error between the screen and the keyboard but I suspect some screwed up logic somewhere.

I create a text point.

1st question - I can't see any UserIcons; any chance they could be accessed?

Chris
Old 22-01-2016, 22:52   #921

Nav,
I have put up patch 627 which I think covers your posts #908 and #910, post #909 should be fixed but is waiting for someone to upload the new POT file to crowdin and the updated language files to be available. If you want to add the correct text you can get the POT file from the git repository.

Jon
Old 22-01-2016, 22:56   #922

Hi,
To help with the issue of the plugin not loading I have put up three files on Dropbox, they are windows install files for OCPN without SVG, OCPN with SVG and OD with SVG, all are release builds. You will notice, if you look in the log, the new message that comes straight after the Styles are loaded, it will let you know if you are using SVG or PNG files. The OD patch level is 627.

OCPN without SVG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mqhnd54r6...e-png.exe?dl=0

OCPN with SVG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3838qrysf...e-svg.exe?dl=0

OD with SVG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/17zhkcj9cg...e-svg.exe?dl=0

Regards
Jon
Old 22-01-2016, 23:02   #923

Thomas,
I think you may be running the non-SVG version of OCPN so that the required libraries are not loaded. I have just put up windows installables for OCPN and OD, give these a try.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Jon
I have just compiled thelatest OpenCPN and Draw plugin from git.
I have, as far as I know, all the necessary SVG libraries installed,still I get this runtime error in the log

Any ideas?

Thomas
Old 23-01-2016, 00:11   #924
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon,

Thomas usually runs a Linux/Ubuntu version

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 01:17   #925

Boat: Najad 34

[QUOTE=jongough;2024575]Nav,
.................... but is waiting for someone to upload the new POT file to crowdin and the updated language files to be available..................../QUOTE]
Jon
What I know Pavel used to arrange this without any automatism yet.
See discussions here and some posts above:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1674394
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 02:26   #926
NAV

In the pot-file, the words 'No' and 'Yes' (as shown in the confimation windows for deletion) are not present and thus can't be translated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeleteConfirm.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	117282  
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 03:08   #927
NAV

Jon,

Attached *.po Dutch language file (remove .doc from the name) can be placed in your GIT, if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: doc drawnl_22012016.po.doc (42.9 KB, 38 views)
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 03:15   #928

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Jongough Hello, Here it is mid day 12 hours 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hi,
To help with the issue of the plugin not loading I have put up three files on Dropbox, they are windows install files for OCPN without SVG, OCPN with SVG and OD with SVG, .....
OCPN without SVG
OCPN with SVG
OD with SVG
Regards
Jon
I saw your three solutions. Personally, having understood the interest of svg versions of the fact that the screens can be:
- A more or less large part
- Secondly a definition pixels per inch, more or less good,
I will try to test the svg release. It seems to me to be the future if we want crisp images on all screens. Can be followed, png release.
Anyway, I need at least the end of the day to do these tests.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 03:32   #929

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
In the pot-file, the words 'No' and 'Yes' (as shown in the confimation windows for deletion) are not present and thus can't be translated.
Not shure, but I thing that this is an OpenCPN problem. There is many other example with this problem.
Remember that the language file is loaded from the heart last. And if two items between a plugin and heart are identical, that is the translation of heart prevails.
"Yes" and "No" are present in almost all plugins, and heart. For Yes and No, the addresses of these two items are then those of the heart. I guess the addresses to the plugins are overwritten. (But I'm not sure).
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 03:48   #930

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Sorry Littlechay, ..my brain was fried. Glad Jon understood.
If you want SVG and SVG log note use Jon's version of O Beta, not O Beta File Thingie version which is yesterday before Jon's MPR to O.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote