Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 01:44   #76
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

a more extreme example of cursor jumping after input.

No pan when the cursor/pencil gets to the limit of the canvas.
Zoom to cursor with the mouse wheel is ok and can be used as a work around for panning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boundery_draw5-jump.png
Views:	247
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	101724

Name:	boundery_draw6-n pan.png
Views:	148
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	101725
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:55   #77
bcn

Range rings for boundary points - nice!
Now we do need only a rubber band radius to have VRMs...

Double click on marker will not bring up the context menu - this is different from the standard OCPN marker.
Right-click works as expected.

Name:	boundery_draw7-range rings.png
Views:	171
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	101726

When you delete a boudary point from a boundary path (with the context menu) it will appear as a plain OCPN marker - but double-click does not work on it.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:32   #78
bcn

More features:

activating the tool at the tool bar and right clicking before a first mark will toggle between draw boundery and set point.
The tool icon at the tool bar toggles accordingly

Range marker does not work for me for Points

The cursors (pencil for boundaries or cross hair for points ) are not continous when being moved in my system (Win 8.1). Flickering. And the mouse pointer acompanies the cursor until a stop where it disappears.

Name:	boundery_draw8-points.png
Views:	214
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	101727
Name:   boundery_draw9-point cursor.png
Views: 305
Size:  4.6 KB

Name:	boundery_draw10-pencil.png
Views:	223
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	101729
Old 10-05-2015, 13:57   #79

Boat: Richter 42

For the disappearing boundary have you tried both with opengl and without it? Does the boundary disappear in both cases? I did see this behaviour some time ago, but I though it was fixed now.

The install location for parallel installs is in the build process for every (as far as I know) plugin. I have not looked for the cause of the issue yet as this is secondary to me getting a working version. I may have a look when I get to the 'beta' stage.

I have seen and continue to see the jumping cursor effect in windows but not linux. There must be something that NS VC does not like, but I cannot find it at the moment. I do know that it is caused by the location of the mouse being incorrectly given, i.e. with either the x or y coordinate being zero, in the mouse event from wxWidgets but I don't know why. I am still chasing that down.

I have panning working, but I am waiting for a change to the plugin API to be accepted into the current 4.1 build stream before enabling it.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 14:11   #80
bcn

All the testing has be done with OpenGL ON.
Just tried with OFF and much better:

- cursor does not jump
- area is shown after drawing
- no jitter of the cursor while drawing (and no mouse pointer neither)
- range rings for points are ok

so a big issue with OpenGL....

The earth is round, so your shift! Going to bed....

Hubert
Old 10-05-2015, 16:54   #81

I have not implemented range yet, not sure that it is needed for boundaries, but.....

The cursor is a problem. Currently there is no way to tell the mainline OCPN that the cursor has changed, so it sets it to what it wants, the plugin then has to set it back, hence the flickering. I would like to make a change to the PluIn API such that I can set the cursor and OCPN will use that rather than the one it wants, but I have not yet investigated that.
But as the main functionality is working I am now looking at extending the API to allow panning, use of pre-loaded styles (icons for points) and setting the cursor to stop the flicker.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
More features:

Range marker does not work for me for Points

The cursors (pencil for boundaries or cross hair for points ) are not continous when being moved in my system (Win 8.1). Flickering. And the mouse pointer acompanies the cursor until a stop where it disappears.

Attachment 101727Attachment 101728Attachment 101729
Old 10-05-2015, 18:07   #82

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon,
It is getting better. Just compiled the most recent.
There are a couple of little problems.
Point > Properties - The display of this menu needs some touching up on formatting.

Boundary > Insert point (is more direct now, nice!) however when I then moved the new point there was another boundary underneath it which was identical to the original boundary. I could go into manager and toggle display of the two boundaries.

I think it made a new boundary with the moved point and kept the old boundary?

How would I start working on making a simple DR Vector?
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 19:55   #83

I have seen the multiple boundary effect on windows, but I have not tracked it down yet. I thought it was happening over a restart after a 'crash' when it was updating the boundary with new information. Have you stopped, normally, ocpn then restarted it and seen if the double boundary still exists? If so, it will be in the boundary modification code, if not it will be in the processing of the changes file (and the management of the display after a change).

As for the DR line could you explain, simply, what you want it to do. I would think that a new subclass of the path would enable the what you want, a bit like boundary is a subclass of path. If you can explain a little bit more I will have a much better idea. A possible way curerntly is to use a two point boundary, effectively a straight line between two points, but I am not sure this is quite what you want.

I am still working on the boundaries sometimes showing and sometimes not under windows and the occasional random jumps when placing points. When this is done I will then start to look at other 'features' to add to the code for the beta version.

Jon
Old 11-05-2015, 00:15   #84

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello,

I used version 03 with REL the version and O41412 RGleason that has posted the thingie. Version 03 REL settles better than version 02. It is possible to activate the plugin.

I set points, a path and limits. The limits are not displayed correctly. They disappear immediately after their creation.
I tried to remove the limitations, the path and points.
Now every time I delete something, OpenCPN crash.
Last test:
I had two points that appeared yet. I was able to remove the open-draw manager, without immediate crash. But their marks remained visible on the screen. I wanted to open the road manager, tracks, waypoints and layers OpenCPN. So crash.

I cannot sent the two crash report. They are too big. Sorry.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 00:26   #85
bcn

Gilletarom,

can you test with OpenGL OFF and ON?
I my case with OpenGL OFF I have more success.
See above

Hubert
Old 11-05-2015, 02:43   #86

Boat: Najad 34

Jon..
I've built the new version 0.3_0003 and all issues reported here:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1821429 are still valid.

I can also confirm Huberts reports about the "jumping" cursor.

But the pencil is now nice and stable.

Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 03:07   #87

Since the Plugin API 1.13 has changed and this plugin requires the most current version of OpenCPN, I had to update my VS2010 compile configuration.

Bdcat suggested checking Paragraph 3.1of Compiling - Windows | Official OpenCPN Homepage carefully.

"(In case you are using Visual Studio 2010, use OpenCPN_buildwin-vc10.7z instead) and extract the archive into your toplevel OpenCPN source directory created by the clone operation above."

This seems to work for compiling Opencpn v 4.1.427 which seems to run properly, however when I activate the newly compiled ocpn_draw_pi using the opencpn.lib (v4.1.427) the plugin crashes opencpn.

I am wondering if I have updated my VS2010 setup properly? Have I missed something? Opencpn v 4.1.427 seems to work properly when I disable ocpn_draw.

The new version of Grib_pi now changes to dual vertical or horizontal display without having to restart the plugin or opencpn.
Old 14-05-2015, 03:17   #88

Hi,
I have been fighting that as it has been crashing (or seemed to) my desktop. Actually it took over the mouse click and stopped me working for a little while. I have found the problem and should have a fix in a day. There was a change to the toolbar call back. Where there had been one callback there are now two!
virtual void OnToolbarToolDownCallback(int id);
virtual void OnToolbarToolUpCallback(int id);

I just need to add these in and it should all work again.

Jon
Old 14-05-2015, 15:21   #89

I have put up a new version that handles the latest version of the API, 1427 I think it is. This should now work. The new code will NOT work with older versions as there is a change to the toolbar API calls and they are not backward compatable.

Edge panning should also now work.

Jon
Old 15-05-2015, 08:21   #90

Jon,
I made the change Pavel asked for, moving the Opencpn wxwidgets directory to be under buildwin, and OpenCPN v4.1.427 compiled fine and installed.

Then I git fetch ocpn_draw and compiled that. I am now wondering if it must use wxwidgets 3.0.2 because it may be using wxwidgets-2.8.12 [my env variables have a path to that]

Anyway I installed ocpn_draw into the new version of Opencpn 4.1.427 and tried it.
I found it did not bomb out Opencpn and that I could draw borders and was able to move and delete points, etc. However when I zoom in I loose the borders. If I "center" they also do not show up, but when I zoom out the borders appear, also they are in the manager and when I toggle visibility or activate/deactivate when zoomed in, the borders do not appear.

Thanks for getting this going again with the new plugin api 1.13 changes.
Rick