Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 06:42   #706

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

1 I saw that Dave will think the API changes for that type of SVG images can be handled by plugins.
Let us be patient.

2. The title of the preference window of the plugin should be "Draw NMSO preferences" in keeping with what happens in other plugins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences_Draw.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	116461  
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:11   #707

Boat: Najad 34

Gille...
What's NMSO ?????
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:34   #708

Hello Hakan, Hello All,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Gille...
What's NMSO ?????
Håkan
Sorry, mismatch . Read OCPN.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:35   #709

Hello Jongough,

I read this on opencpn.org website:
"Show Magnetic Bearings
If this is checked and There Is a magnetic variation disponible Then this Will Be Applied to all angles are used That Within The plugin. If it is checked and magnetic variation There Is No disponible It Will assume a '0' variation."

How magnetic variation is there? Is it:
- Information available WMM plugin (if enabled)?
- Information manually entered in the "Options / Display / Units"?

Thank by advance. Gilletarom.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:08   #710

Jon
I've built ver 603 in Windows VS2013 and I haven't built since 599.
First I had to load these libraries to get it to to build:
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\build\Release\opencpn.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\build\Release\WXSVG.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\buildwin\gtk\cairo.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\buildwin\expat-2.1.0\expat.lib

Then I think the package need some more to do with the new svg files?
As usual I built and run ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.603-win32.exe
But OCPN will not load the plugin. OCPN log file says:
17:46:21: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\ocpn_draw_pi.dll'

I don't know if it will help if I build the plugin inside OCPN repository instead?

Håkan
Old 10-01-2016, 11:38   #711

Hello Jongough,

Normally, if I undestand corectly The functioning of the plugin, when one create a boundary, the boundary point are light or dark gray. But, if one change "Exclusion" to "Inclusion" or "Neither", this is not. And, it is necessary to click on each boundary point to return to grey colour.

I thing that this is not normal (?). Maybe a screen refresh problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences_Draw_Boundary_inclusion_Exclusion_neant.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	116477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences_Draw_Boundary_inclusion_Exclusion_neant_2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	116478  

Old 10-01-2016, 12:02   #712

hello,

Two boundary. I started, in both cases only by putting a beginning and an end. So just two points. Then for each boundary, I changed "Exclusion" in "Inclusion".

Then, for one of the two boundary, I inserted a boundary point between the beginning and the end. So a grid appeared around this second boundary. I also observed that the grid is not symmetrical. There is a grid around the start point, and not around the end item.

????? You were waiting for you that there is a grid around the two boundary?
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2016, 12:12   #713

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
Dave is going to make a change to the API to allow plugins to pass the image file so that it can be scaled properly in the normal toolbar. I am probably going to have to make one to allow me to scale the OD floating toolbar in the same manner as OCPN.

"NMSO" ??? Can you explain what that means?

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

1 I saw that Dave will think the API changes for that type of SVG images can be handled by plugins.
Let us be patient.

2. The title of the preference window of the plugin should be "Draw NMSO preferences" in keeping with what happens in other plugins.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:16   #714

hello Jongough,

7 clicks or one click?

You have chosen for boundary, to the choice between "Exclusion, Inclusion, neither" in the options. This allows, indeed, to decide a priori choice.
But then, when we created a boundary, if we want to change the choice, you have to 7 clicks to get there (Options, Plugins, Preferences, Boundary, Choice, Ok, Ok).

It would be nice if you could choose your plugin in the small icon bar. In this case, one would have to make a single click.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:19   #715

Håkan,
I have updated the Readme.md file to reflect that you now need some other lib files to allow linking in windows.

Can you provide more of the error message that you are getting as it should include an indication of what it cannot find. I have built this version on Windows 7 with VS2013 and it worked here, so I may have missed uploading something.

You will need to build the OD PlugIn in its own directory. You should definitely keep it clear of OCPN directories. Everything you need for the compile/link should be in the git files you downloaded.

One thing to check, are you using SVG files in OCPN? You need this to have the correct dll's available for the SVG version of OD. You need 'expat.dll, cairo.dll, WXSVG.dll and zlib1.dll' all of which are new to the OCPN SVG version and for testing need to be either 'installed' on your machine or in the folder where opencpn.exe is being executed from.

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Jon
I've built ver 603 in Windows VS2013 and I haven't built since 599.
First I had to load these libraries to get it to to build:
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\build\Release\opencpn.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\build\Release\WXSVG.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\buildwin\gtk\cairo.lib
copy C:\Builds\OCPN\OpenCPN\buildwin\expat-2.1.0\expat.lib

Then I think the package need some more to do with the new svg files?
As usual I built and run ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.603-win32.exe
But OCPN will not load the plugin. OCPN log file says:
17:46:21: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\ocpn_draw_pi.dll'

I don't know if it will help if I build the plugin inside OCPN repository instead?

Håkan
Old 10-01-2016, 13:21   #716

Gilletarom,
The issue with the boundary around the outside of a three point boundary where all points are on a line is a peculiarity of the library I am using to generate the boarder. An inline inclusion boundary (three or more points on the same line) does not make sense to me. However, if they are 'almost' on a line the drawing issue still happens, BUT the boundary works as advertised, so a WD use of the inclusion boundary would work. I will look into trying to sort out the drawing issue when things quieten down a bit.

Currently I cannot draw a grid around a two point boundary. Again, that will need to wait a little. Although a two point inclusion boundary is not really logical as there is no inside to be in, if you get the idea.

Jon

Quote:
hello,

Two boundary. I started, in both cases only by putting a beginning and an end. So just two points. Then for each boundary, I changed "Exclusion" in "Inclusion".

Then, for one of the two boundary, I inserted a boundary point between the beginning and the end. So a grid appeared around this second boundary. I also observed that the grid is not symmetrical. There is a grid around the start point, and not around the end item.

????? You were waiting for you that there is a grid around the two boundary?
Old 10-01-2016, 13:30   #717

Gilletarom,
I am not quite sure what is happening here. The only time a boundary point (any point for that matter) should be shown as selected, i.e. with a yellow back ground is when you right click on it or double left click and bring up the properties panel. I have just fixed a small issue where the highlighting did not go away until the next screen refresh.

I am not sure why you are getting a grey background highlight as it should be bright yellow. Are the highlights always black or grey on your system? If so I may need some more information to understand why.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

Normally, if I undestand corectly The functioning of the plugin, when one create a boundary, the boundary point are light or dark gray. But, if one change "Exclusion" to "Inclusion" or "Neither", this is not. And, it is necessary to click on each boundary point to return to grey colour.

I thing that this is not normal (?). Maybe a screen refresh problem?
Old 10-01-2016, 13:37   #718

Gilletarom,
I can change the boundary type in 4 clicks, double left click the boundary, left click the boundary type in the properties panel, left click the OK button. If I put that option on the popup menu it would still take 2 clicks. It would be possible to use a right click to cycle through the boundary type, but would this not be more confusing for the user. It would be quite different to other interactions.

The OD toolbar is, currently, for creating objects not editing them. The issue is that you need to positively identify which boundary you want to change before you can change it. Or are you suggesting that there be 3 boundary buttons available, one for each type, so that you can click on that to create the boundary type you want? If so, this will need to be reflected in the main OCPN toolbar, so there would now be 7 items in the list rather than 5 to right click through.

Jon

Quote:
hello Jongough,

7 clicks or one click?

You have chosen for boundary, to the choice between "Exclusion, Inclusion, neither" in the options. This allows, indeed, to decide a priori choice.
But then, when we created a boundary, if we want to change the choice, you have to 7 clicks to get there (Options, Plugins, Preferences, Boundary, Choice, Ok, Ok).

It would be nice if you could choose your plugin in the small icon bar. In this case, one would have to make a single click.
Old 10-01-2016, 14:09   #719

Hello Jongough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Gilletarom,
... "NMSO" ??? Can you explain what that means?
Jon
Sorry, I apologize. Replace MNSO by OCPN.

(When I write in English, I use frequentely the automatic translator of Google. But it translate OCPN by MNSO. Why ? I do not know. And some times I forgot to correct before send the post.)

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 10-01-2016, 14:11   #720

Jon, see in your text down:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Håkan,
I have updated the Readme.md file to reflect that you now need some other lib files to allow linking in windows.
Yes, that was the errors I received so these files are copied
Quote:
Can you provide more of the error message that you are getting as it should include an indication of what it cannot find. I have built this version on Windows 7 with VS2013 and it worked here, so I may have missed uploading something.
No more errors then the missing libs. After that it builds fine without errors, also the Package
Quote:

You will need to build the OD PlugIn in its own directory. You should definitely keep it clear of OCPN directories. Everything you need for the compile/link should be in the git files you downloaded.

One thing to check, are you using SVG files in OCPN? You need this to have the correct dll's available for the SVG version of OD. You need 'expat.dll, cairo.dll, WXSVG.dll and zlib1.dll' all of which are new to the OCPN SVG version and for testing need to be either 'installed' on your machine or in the folder where opencpn.exe is being executed from.
I've built the last OCPN code and I always build the installation package and run the installer to update OCPN. What's needed to run OCPN should be installed then - or?? And what do you mean by "are you using SVG..." is there a choice?

Now I've built release and package for ver 604 and that one works fine in OCPN.
And -- the WXSVG.dll is not present anywhere in my system and apparently not needed by OCPN nor OD?

Thanks
Håkan