Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 15:34   #496

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Rick,
You could, then next time you start you would have to enable the plugin again. There is no way to automatically remove redundant settings. You should leave the 'bEnabled' setting as it tell OCPN that the plugin is supposed to be active. You could copy all the settings to the new section as this will save anything you have already setup for defaults. But if you have not modified much then I wouldn't bother.

You wont see 'GetOCPNGUIScaledFont_PlugIn' used in windows, but I think it will be used in Android, or when compiled for __WXQT__.

Do test all types of boundary. They should all work and show up correctly. There may still be an issue with high res screens and properties dialogs not showing correctly, also dotted lines appear to be solid. I am waiting for information on that at the moment.

I will see what I can do about the text properties dialog.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Remove redundant FontMgr and FontDesc code
from plugin - Should I remove [PlugIns/libocpn_draw_pi.so] from opencpn.ini?

Render Boundary Point range rings correctly - Yes on low res.

Use new

GetOCPNScaledFont_PlugIn,

GetFontColour_PlugIn and

GetOCPNGUIScaledFont_PlugIn <--- Did not see these or use them.

API's to get font information and save this over a restart.
This will hopefully work with high res screens.

- Used the version of OpenCPN compiled this morning.

--Note the Text Properties screen needs better configuring due to more parameters.

Thanks very much Jon.

Should I delete the libocpn_draw_pi.so section of opencpn.ini?
Should I test the Inclusive Boundary too?
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 15:39   #497

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Found the 'PathLineInfoRollover' in options UI

When I opened Text Properties again, it was configured better for some reason.
I tried entering text picking a font (wow theres lots!) and showing it.
For some reason the text does not show.
Is there a missing checkbox to show the text or shouldn't this be automatic if text is entered into the field,...just trying to understand how it is supposed the work.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 15:46   #498

Existing Text points work. Properties does not seem any different than new ones.

I made PathLegInfoRollover 10 pt and it shows up better. Thank YOU!
Old 02-12-2015, 16:06   #499

I tested Boundary, Boundary Point, EBL and DR. They seem to work.
I move boat to inside Boundary Point Ring went to Watchdog and set up the alarm.
I moved the boat outside, Watchdog did not alarm and did not show that anchor had moved.
I entered a 4 pt Boundary. Then tried deleting one point. It worked. Then tried delete another point, so there would be no area, just two points. O bombed, disappeared off the screen.

When I opened Opencpn the object was 3 points with two lines and missing the 3rd line. It was called a boundry.
Old 02-12-2015, 19:19   #500

Rick,
I found the error in the Text Point properties. It was left over from when I was trying to get windows to not display the 'Display Text' tab. I have given up on that, windows seems to have a mind of its own where that is concerned. However, the tab does nothing, which is how it should be.

I have fixed up the boundaries so that if a boundary has 3 or less points you cannot be inside it as it is just a logical line or a dot. This should help the crash.

For the PathLegInfoRollover the system selects a default text the first time it is used (the same as it does for all the other items in the list). This is where you setup all the text fonts/sizes for most items in OCPN. OD is just making use of this properly for the first time with the new PlugIn API.

This is in patch 576.

Jon
Old 02-12-2015, 20:52   #501

Rick,
I am not sure, but I think your problem with the boundary alarm is that it is not enabled regardless of what the dialog boxes say. I have managed to reproduce your problem and got a fix. All you have to do is go to the watchdog configuration, select one of the unselected radio buttons in the 'General Setup' section, then select the one you really want. Or, open the opencpn.ini file, find the 'Settings/Watchdog' section and add 'Enabled=1' to this (may need to restart OCPN for this one to take effect).

Now the alarm should work for you.

Jon

Quote:
I tested Boundary, Boundary Point, EBL and DR. They seem to work.
I move boat to inside Boundary Point Ring went to Watchdog and set up the alarm.
I moved the boat outside, Watchdog did not alarm and did not show that anchor had moved.
I entered a 4 pt Boundary. Then tried deleting one point. It worked. Then tried delete another point, so there would be no area, just two points. O bombed, disappeared off the screen.

When I opened Opencpn the object was 3 points with two lines and missing the 3rd line. It was called a boundry.
Old 03-12-2015, 00:21   #502
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hubert,
Do you get the issue with the boundary point properties in both opengl and non-opengl? I have tried running a virtualbox win7 environment at 1920x1400, 3200x 1200 & 4200x1200 and have not seen the issue you are getting.

With the line styles, again, is the issue under both opengl and non-opengl?

Jon
Jon,

no difference here between OpenGL On/Off.

With the line styles you got me wrong: this works correctly. Just for distinguishing between solid and dotted one have to zoom in a lot. With a standard zoom one does not see any difference. Case of the hi-res...

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 00:22   #503

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
_pi ver: 576. Windows(10). VS2013
Bug report: Text point [center/go to] fails to crash/hang OCPN

Method to reproduce:
- Create a text point.
- Open Draw manager
- Select tab OCPN points
- Select the text point
- Click Center view > crash/hang
or
- Click Go to > crash/hang

Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 00:50   #504

Fixed with patch 577. I have also removed the 'Go To' button as it did not do anything and did not make much sense in the context of this plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Jon
_pi ver: 576. Windows(10). VS2013
Bug report: Text point [center/go to] fails to crash/hang OCPN

Method to reproduce:
- Create a text point.
- Open Draw manager
- Select tab OCPN points
- Select the text point
- Click Center view > crash/hang
or
- Click Go to > crash/hang

Håkan
Old 03-12-2015, 01:18   #505

Jon
Confirmed -- Now it works fine.
And the "Go to" button was more or less a duplicate of Center so the deletion of that is also good.

Thanks
Håkan
Old 03-12-2015, 04:42   #506

Quote:
All you have to do is go to the watchdog configuration, select one of the unselected radio buttons in the 'General Setup' section, then select the one you really want.
- That is what I have always done. Never worked.
Hakan do alarms work for you?

I don't have time to test this this morning. Sorry.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:16   #507

I've tested only Deadman and that one is now working since: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1971330

Håkan
Old 03-12-2015, 09:08   #508

The text point works as it should now.
Make Boundary 4 points, delete two points and it does not crash.
Leftover two points boundary. --what does it do?

When seeing this I realized that QtVlm used to have a "Blockade" tool.
The reason for this being necessary in qtVlm was it did not have good land detection at the time, but it could be used by weather_routing to force a routing into a certain area... or to set an alarm when it is crossed!

This could be a very handy tool a Boundary Barricade -an unclosed boundary.
You could just make a number of boundary points across or partially around an area and when the boat crosses it an alarm is triggered or the other plugin forces a tack in the planned routing (weather_routing).

Is this inherently in the plugin now? what do do with unclosed boundary's to trigger an alarm? or something else?

I have not tested alarms yet. But if someone who has had success with Boundary and Boundary Point alarms would be so kind as to review the itemized actions below for accuracy, I would be most grateful.

In testing Ocpn_Draw + Watchdog Alarms
As Hakan says, the Deadman alarm does not seem to work, it does not alarm after the very short period I gave it.
Thank you for the "Test" button, it does work!

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1970365
Quote:
Also when trying a Ocpn_Draw "Boundary Inclusive" with the Boat moved to inside the Boundary, when in Watchdog
1. Hit Configuration, Highlight "Boundary", Hit "Edit"
2. Select "Anchor Watch"
3. Select "Get Boundary ID" the blank space should fill with the Boundary ID.
4. Under "Alarm Action" check "Sound" make sure the path points to a *.wav file.
5. Hit "Test" to make sure the alarm sound works.
6. Check repeat alarm after 10 seconds.
7. Hit "Ok" the Configuration Menu "Enable all Alarms" should be checked and it should show "Boundary" "Sound repeat".
8. Hit "Ok" and the Watchdog Alarm menu is still open.
9. The Boundary Alarm says "Anchor inside boundary ______"
9. Now right click at some location outside of the "Inclusive Boundary" and select "Move the boat here".
10. The alarm should sound. It does not. The Boundary message is still "Anchor inside boundary ______"

Somehow Watchdog is missing the fact that the boat moved.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:07   #509

Rick,
Can you check your opencpn.ini file and make sure you find the following:
[Settings/Watchdog]
Enabled=1

[Settings/Watchdog/Alarms/Boundary]
Enabled=1

[PlugIns/libwatchdog_pi.so]
bEnabled=1

You should also check that you have a WatchdogConfiguration.xml file that contains something like:
Code:
<OpenCPNWatchdogConfiguration version="1.9004" creator="Opencpn Watchdog plugin" author="Sean D&apos;Epagnier">
    <Alarm Type="Boundary" Mode="Anchor" TimeMinutes="20" Distance="3" BoundaryGUID="234b7d3b-bb81-49de-a855-9429041bac1f" Enabled="1" GraphicsEnabled="0" Sound="0" SoundFile="/opencpn/clean/build-kde/share/opencpn/sounds/2bells.wav" Command="0" CommandFile="" MessageBox="1" Repeat="1" RepeatSeconds="10" AutoReset="0" />
</OpenCPNWatchdogConfiguration>
These are all required for the alarm to work. I don't use sound as it just complicates the debugging, but I do use the Message Box as it is much more obvious.

If this does not work for you then the only thing you could do is to run the debugger and see what JSON messages the OD plugin gets. This is implemented in ocpn_draw_pi.cpp method SetPluginMessage. If there are messages coming in you will need to follow them through to see if they find the boundary or not. If there are no messages then the watchdog plugin is not sending them.

Jon

Quote:
- That is what I have always done. Never worked.
Hakan do alarms work for you?

I don't have time to test this this morning. Sorry.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:22   #510

Rick,
A two point boundary looks like a line but it is still a polygon with an inside and outside, just the inside has zero width. It is a bit of an anachronism as it does not look like a closed boundary and you can only be outside it. As to what it does, well it is a line on the chart, but.....

I think you seem to be wanting another tool, a Boundary Line, but I am not sure how you could use it apart from seeing it on the chart. Crossing this line could be implemented in much the same way as the rollover popup box, but cause some other action. But you would just know that you are about to cross the line, but not really from the 'good' side to the 'bad' side or from the 'bad' side to the 'good' side. This is what Boundaries are for as you can definitely mark the 'good' and 'bad' sides.

Now that Paths and Points are working OK creating new tools is not that difficult. Its just a matter of figuring out what you want to do and what facilities are needed. The actual code for implementation of the latest tools was quite small, but the supporting code, i.e. dialog boxes, persistence, etc. are quite a bit bigger (all the new attributes need setting by the user and storing and recovering from the ini and xml files). You may have noticed the general preferences dialog is getting quite big!

Jon

Quote:
The text point works as it should now.
Make Boundary 4 points, delete two points and it does not crash.
Leftover two points boundary. --what does it do?

When seeing this I realized that QtVlm used to have a "Blockade" tool.
The reason for this being necessary in qtVlm was it did not have good land detection at the time, but it could be used by weather_routing to force a routing into a certain area... or to set an alarm when it is crossed!

This could be a very handy tool a Boundary Barricade -an unclosed boundary.
You could just make a number of boundary points across or partially around an area and when the boat crosses it an alarm is triggered or the other plugin forces a tack in the planned routing (weather_routing).

Is this inherently in the plugin now? what do do with unclosed boundary's to trigger an alarm? or something else?