Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2015, 00:14   #481

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hi,
Patch 573 adds further checks to stop transparent colours being set for path lines. It changes the section name in the ini/conf file for saving settings to a more standard 'Settings/ocpn_draw_pi', so you will loose settings over the restart as it is effectively starting with all the default settings. You could copy the complete set from the original location 'PlugIns/libocpn_draw_pi.so'. You will need to hand delete all the items in this section apart from 'bEnabled' to clean up the conf file.

There are more changes to the plugin API that I have submitted so that the rollover popup fonts will be setable from the 'options/user interface' tab and these will be persistent over a restart. This will then make the interface a bit more like the standard OCPN one and integrate better.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 05:44   #482

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon, it compiles ok, but should we be waiting for the API changes to be merged into Opencpn? Looks like it might be a separate improvement.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 11:50   #483

Rick,
The changes are to make the UI more consistent and will help remove some redundant code from the plugin. But they do not affect the normal running of the plugin. So I would rather we keep on testing and not wait for these changes.

I am waiting to here if we still have an issue with high res screens. I have tried here under virtualbox with up to 3200x1200x32 and don't seem to get one, but my environment is not a real one like Hubert's, so.....

From your transparent boundary issue I have updated the code to try and catch that issue and stop it happening, or affecting the display of boundaries. So you should be able to use your existing ODnavobj.xml file and it should correct the missing lines and display correctly.

Jon
Old 28-11-2015, 12:00   #484
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

And I'm a bit reluctant to install too many parallel versions - especially daily builds - as we need to have at least some stable versions when S-63 issues do show up.

So waiting for the next beta including the API changes to test the hi-res solutions.
Jon, what is your opinion?

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 12:13   #485

Hubert,
I understand the issue with too many updates. In this case I cannot really test the high res solution apart from making sure it runs. I cannot tell if I am addressing the issue, so I would appreciate if you can give it a go. The issue is that part of the 'fix' is updating the plugin api so that the mainline font code can be used (I was using a copy of the code, but some recent mainline changes mean that I cannot continue to do that if I want to remain compatible).

Instead of installing parallel versions you could extract (or I can make available) the dll and just copy that to the correct location in the OCPN directory structure, assuming there aren't co-requisite mainline changes.

Jon
Old 28-11-2015, 16:38   #486

Jon,
* master 37e8172 Merge pull request #128 from jongough/fixes

1. What is High Res? Mine is 1992 x 1080. Things look alright to me at that res. The new changing of fonts selection is working well.

2. It appears that the initialization is good and drawing Boundary Point Rings works and the Line Width set at different pixels works well. However if you try to pick a dotted, dashed, short dash or long dash, the outline ring does not appear to change form solid. I if that can be fixed it would be much better.

3. What should we do about the alarms not working?

4. Boundary Point Properties seems to have a "Display Text" tab. It is greyed out. Is this tab supposed to be there? Or Is it supposed to editable? -Boundary does not have this TAb selection.
Old 29-11-2015, 00:28   #487
bcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post

1. What is High Res? Mine is 1992 x 1080. Things look alright to me at that res. The new changing of fonts selection is working well.
1920× 1080 at 13.3" (165 PPI), 3200×1800 at 13.3" (276 PPI),
so about 3 times the pixels for the same size. Or the other way around:
fonts show with bit more than half of the size when defined in px.
Vely tiny..
Old 29-11-2015, 04:33   #488

Wow, Mine is 15" so it is less than 165ppi. Is high res 276 ppi going to be a moving target?

All those pixels not only make text small but also cost electricity, and I don't think they help us in bright sunlight. Why not solve the bright sunlight problem instead? I've been waiting for that widespread solution for years! -Off topic, sorry.
Old 29-11-2015, 12:58   #489

Rick,
The tab hides under linux, but windows does not seem to obey this. The content of the panel is disabled so you cannot enter anything. Maybe its a limitation of the wxWidgets implementation in MS Windows

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
4. Boundary Point Properties seems to have a "Display Text" tab. It is greyed out. Is this tab supposed to be there? Or Is it supposed to editable? -Boundary does not have this TAb selection.
Old 29-11-2015, 13:05   #490

Perhaps this does not really matter at this point, someone will have a programming suggestion later.
Quote:
tab hides under linux, but windows does not seem to obey this
Old 30-11-2015, 21:10   #491

Rick,
The latest patch, 575, contains changes that should show dashed lines, etc., on boundary points. It also moves to using the mainline font management for rollovers. This allows the font to be picked from'Options/User Interface', you will see 'PathLineInfoRollover' as a pickable item in the fonts section. This will be persistent over a restart.

I am hoping that moving to this method of font management should help with the popup boxes in rollovers as well as right click for Hubert's high res screens.

To use this version you will need to have at least commit 4e01f60 from the mainline OCPN or the new PlugIn API will not be available. Do not forget to copy the opencpn.lib file BEFORE building OD under windows or you will get a failure.

Jon
Old 01-12-2015, 21:12   #492

A matched pair of install files can be found here:
https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...leases/tag/575

Jon
Old 02-12-2015, 02:01   #493
bcn

Jon,

making progress.
The context menu/fonts is now ok - see screenshot.
Also dotted circles around points. But I have to zoom in a lot to see this. Tiny pixels

The properties not - still half cut Icon selection.

Ps. had to copy the wx...dll(s) manually from a former package into your version of OCPN

Hubert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-02 10_36_53-OD-575.png
Views:	111
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	114180   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-02 10_48_35-OD575-Boundary Point Properties.png
Views:	116
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	114181  

Old 02-12-2015, 14:31   #494

Hubert,
Do you get the issue with the boundary point properties in both opengl and non-opengl? I have tried running a virtualbox win7 environment at 1920x1400, 3200x 1200 & 4200x1200 and have not seen the issue you are getting.

With the line styles, again, is the issue under both opengl and non-opengl?

Jon
Old 02-12-2015, 15:23   #495

Remove redundant FontMgr and FontDesc code from plugin - Should I remove [PlugIns/libocpn_draw_pi.so] from opencpn.ini?

Render Boundary Point range rings correctly - Yes on low res.

Use new

GetOCPNScaledFont_PlugIn,

GetFontColour_PlugIn and

GetOCPNGUIScaledFont_PlugIn <--- Did not see these or use them.

API's to get font information and save this over a restart.
This will hopefully work with high res screens.

- Used the version of OpenCPN compiled this morning.

--Note the Text Properties screen needs better configuring due to more parameters.

Thanks very much Jon.

Should I delete the libocpn_draw_pi.so section of opencpn.ini?
Should I test the Inclusive Boundary too?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ocpn_draw_review.png
Views:	131
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	114210  
Attached Files
File Type: doc libocpn_draw_pi.so.doc (2.6 KB, 55 views)