Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2015, 18:10   #136

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon, I compiled your plugin (most recent). Using Pavel's Build Ocpn v4.1.602 3015-06-02. Thought I would test your most recent with opengl. After selecting the pencil and drawing several boundaries, for some reason the charts disappeared and were replaced with a black screen. I could not seem to get out of it so I closed the program.

The second opening, I toggled Opengl on and off and messed with charts both opengl and not and they all seemed to work ok. So I left opengl on. The drew several boundarys and then right clicked and got a boundary point, I pickled "Delete" and Opencpn froze up.

I can continue testing but I know you are waiting for an Opencpn upgrade..... Do you want me to mess with it in Debug with the current version of Opencpn and get something concrete?

Rick
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2015, 21:08   #137

Boat: Richter 42

Rick,
I have compiled both OCPN and the plugin and run it under windows. I have not had a problem with disappearing charts (once I had all the correct files in place!). I have created quite a few boundaries then deleted them which all worked. However, I do get an occasional 'breakpoint encountered' message and tracing that back ends up in s52plib.cpp code at line 7712,
Code:
wxStringTokenizer commands( wxString( str, wxConvUTF8 ), _T(";") );
When this happens a message box displays which has to be responded to. If, for whatever reason, that message box does not show you would get a freeze until you can find it and respond the message.

I have noticed that windows seems to throw assert/breakpoint messages when linux does not. When it occurs in the plugin I try to find out what is causing it which is not always obvious.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 02:13   #138

Hi,
I have just put up the change to stop the pointer (pencil or cross) flashing when drawing. This does use the latest updates to the OCPN master (done today) that implement the code needed. So to use this version you will need to download the latest OCPN master branch as of 18 June 2015.

Jon
Old 18-06-2015, 18:16   #139

Jon,
I got it compiled, both draw and ocpn. It works and seems much smoother with pencil solid and no blinking. thank you!

PS maybe bdcat & pavel will be publishing an incremental version sometime soon so we can upload this version of the plugin.
Old 20-06-2015, 02:00   #140

Hi,
I have just put up a version that has a floating toolbar. Rather ugly as I can only get it to work using a dialog box to control the toolbar and allow it to be moved around the screen, but at least it gives an example of a toolbar. There are only two tools at the moment, but when (if) I get the TextPoint working I will add that in as well.

If anyone knows simple way of creating a floating toolbar I would like to know. The OCPN one seems to be based around a window, but it seemed quite a lot of code to get it working.

The properties dialog now has controls for the toolbar and an 'About' tab showing the current version and patch level.

Jon
Old 22-06-2015, 09:37   #141

Jon, just compiled and ran the new version, and find the floating toolbar working.
Have tested it out a little and drawn about 5 boundaries and 10 points, moved points and deleted points and added points, and finally deleted boundaries and points.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:37   #142

Hi,
I have just put up to git a version (0.4.0305) which implements 'Text Point'. This allows a point to be placed on the chart and to show associated text with it. The position of the text relative to the point can be above, below, left and right. The colour of the text and the background can be changed as well as the transparency of the background.

This change also adds a third icon to the floating toolbar, making it seem more worthwhile. The old methods of changing tools still works, just there is now the option to use a floating toolbar to do it.

I have done most of the testing under linux, but I have also done a small amount under windows. In windows the Text Point Properties box seems to have some issues on redrawing until a tab change is made. Not sure why, or if it is just my build. BUT, it does work, for me at least.

If this now proves to be stable and usable I will move the plugin to beta stage and try to fix up issues rather than generate too much more new functionality. I will see if I can generate a windows install for this, but you may have to wait until Rick comes back from his trip for that as I seem to have problems creating the install package.

Please let me know if you try this and find any glaring omissions, or if it does not work correctly.

Jon
Old 05-07-2015, 02:19   #143

Hi,
I have uploaded a windows version of this plugin along with a version of OCPN that will work with it (the current beta install for 602 {as of 5th July 2015} is missing an api call that is used). You will find this on github if you wish to give it a go:
https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...s/tag/0.4.0310

If you want to use this under Linux (or any platform other than windows) you will need to compile it yourself. Sorry about that, but I have not got the hang of packaging and releasing for Linux.

Jon
Old 05-07-2015, 06:14   #144

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
If you want to use this under Linux (or any platform other than windows) you will need to compile it yourself. Sorry about that, but I have not got the hang of packaging and releasing for Linux.

Jon
Jon,

Normally you can build deb and rpm packages with "make package" but at this stage it's probably not worth bothering with.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:40   #145
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hi,
I have uploaded a windows version of this plugin along with a version of OCPN that will work with it (the current beta install for 602 {as of 5th July 2015} is missing an api call that is used). You will find this on github if you wish to give it a go:
https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...s/tag/0.4.0310
Jon
Jon,

works really fine.
W8.1, OpenGL on

Cursor stable - no area fill when number of points > 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Draw_PI_2015-07-06 12_31_27-OpenCPN 4.1.602.png
Views:	144
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	104764  
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:20   #146

Hi,
The issue of the fill not showing for more than 3 points is a change that was put into ocpndc.cpp. It is apparently a workaround for tesselation not working in 'glues'. I am fixing it in my version of the file.

There are some other changes now as well, you can fill in the boundary point range rings (either filled or not), but it does now allow for circular boundaries.

Jon
Old 18-07-2015, 02:16   #147

Hi,
There is a new version of this plugin in git. It now has 3 api calls that can be used by other plugins (I hope). These allow other plugins to check if a lat/lon point is inside a boundary. This should be usable by the watchdog plugin to see if the boat or any other point (the predictor perhaps) is inside a closed boundary.

There is a regression here for windows users that use opengl. I have had to reset the code back to the default state, so that boundaries with more than 3 points will not be filled. This appears to be an issue with windows and filling polygons in opengl. I am still investigating, but.... If you want to see filled boundaries you wont be able to use opengl under windows.

Jon
Old 18-07-2015, 03:30   #148
bcn

Jon,

works here under Win like announced.
A pleasure.

Modifying font & size of the text?

Hubert
Old 19-07-2015, 02:38   #149

Hubert,
I have updated the plugin to allow the setting of fonts for Text Points. It works OK under Linux, but is a 'bit' rough under windows. In opengl the font dialog box does not display correctly, for me, when first opened, but if you move it it shows up properly. With opengl turned off it does seem to work OK. Current patch number 0410.

Jon
Old 19-07-2015, 03:14   #150
bcn

Jon,

don´t see the Win .exe on Github...

Hubert