Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 18:54   #31

Re: New Zealand Charts

Hi Marco

Many thanks and congratulations on another new release of the NZ chart portfolios your work is very much appreciated.

I am presently out in the islands and internet access here is problematic and slow.

Trying to download the charts via Deposit Files just will not work for me.

please advise if you have another download location that I can try.

Regards....... Doug
dougwm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 00:15   #32

Hi All,

Just having a play with opencpn and these maps. It looks fantastic, thankyou to everyone involved for their efforts.

Downloading the bundle of charts was a bit of a pain so I have put them in my dropbox public folder for others.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4nfw0eq98ejkyz3/lP_tAU3gRW

As I write this it is being uploaded to dropbox, so should be there in a couple of hours.

Cheers
Jevon
jevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 09:24   #33

New Zealand Charts - V37 - 15 March 2013

Hello. After 6 months, the updated release of the New Zealand charts portfolio is now available

Version V37 contains now 336 charts ready to be used (.kap files) plus the related calibration data (CHARTCAL.DIR). Charts and calibration data can be found at the following link MCE66 - Software.

LINZ has released the tiff of the chart NZ5314 so 1 new chart have been added to the portfolio.

From V36 to V37, 79 charts have been updated/added: LINZ released New Publication (as tiff) of 1 chart, released Correction of 78 charts. Have a look to the History.txt file for more details.

Please delete/rebuild/substitute modified charts if you have old versions.

The chart building process is based on calibration data plus the tools KapGen and mc2bsbh. If you want to buid all NZ charts and all the upgrades above, download the new ChartCal-V37.zip and the required tools ( MCE66 - Software ) then build (or rebuild) with KapGen all the charts you need (when upgrading a chart from a old version, first delete the related tif file from /Img folder).

Of course you can also just download the charts set already built: download file NewZealandNauticalCharts_V37.7z you can find at the same location ( MCE66 - Software ).

Let me know if you find problems in building, downloading or using such charts.

Happy sailing in fair winds and following seas.

Buon Vento. Ciao, Marco.
GPS-Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 11:57   #34

Boat: Fantasia 35

Marco,

Thank you very much for providing these great charts. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

One very small point -- the date for this update shows 2012 instead of 2013.

Thanks again,

Paul

Viking Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:11   #35

Marco

Many thanks for all your work in producing this latest release.
Old 23-03-2013, 13:44   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Sailor View Post
Marco,

Thank you very much for providing these great charts. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

One very small point -- the date for this update shows 2012 instead of 2013.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hello Paul,

do you refer to the release date on the history on the web page? If so... Thanks! Corrected.

Ciao, Marco.
Old 25-03-2013, 20:42   #37

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Dear GPSM-Marco
Thank you for your precision and your excellent documentation. Someday I may sail these waters and use your charts. I was invited to sail from Wellington but was unable to accept. I have been to NZ for a short time and enjoyed its variety and its diverse people. Unique. I wish to take my sweetheart here too.
I love the proa and the Museum of Natural History! We will come back.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 00:29   #38

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch
Re: New Zealand Charts - Alternate Download Site

V37 can be downloaded by clicking here.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:37   #39
NZW

Hi Marco

Thanks for this terrific resource. I've loaded most of these but have a problem with Wellington (4633) which is home for me -- loading this map lands the chart in the southeast atlantic ... so I wonder if the geotags are accurate?

Cheers
NZW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 23:55   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZW View Post
Hi Marco

Thanks for this terrific resource. I've loaded most of these but have a problem with Wellington (4633) which is home for me -- loading this map lands the chart in the southeast atlantic ... so I wonder if the geotags are accurate?

Cheers
Hello,

I've quickly verified NZ4633 and it seems OK. Here is a shot I've just taken. What is exactly the issue? Is anyboby else experiencing the same problem with this chart?

Ciao, Marco.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ4633-Geotag.png
Views:	258
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	61972  
Old 21-06-2013, 08:32   #41

Boat: Dufour 35

Good news from New Zealand, their official raster charts are changing format to BSB 3.
See this link NZMariner - Official Raster Navigational Charts (RNCs) | Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) - Toit

Quote:
Proposed Change in Format
The NZHA is planning to change the format in which it delivers Raster Navigation Charts (RNCs) in 2013. The encrypted format currently used for RNCs will be replaced by an unencrypted format, bringing a number of benefits to mariners, other chart users, software manufacturers and the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority.

The new unencrypted format, BSB
Please read the rest, including a list of advantages with changing.

If this goes through, it means that GPS-Marco can retire as caretaker for NZ BSB charts.
I think that Marco, and the OpenCPN project has played a part in this change of heart from the NZHA.
They have listened to their users.

Thank you NZHA!

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 11:56   #42

New Zealand Charts - V38 - 15 July 2013

Hello. While LINZ is preparing the announced publication of unencrypted BSB V3 version of its portfolio, here is the updated V38 release of our New Zealand charts.

I noticed that from July 15th to now (September 29th) no new tiff image have been released by LINZ for public download: if this is the LINZ decision, V38 may be the last version of our chart set. We will see...

Version V38 contains 336 charts ready to be used (.kap files) plus the related calibration data (CHARTCAL.DIR). Charts and calibration data can be found at the following link MCE66 - Software.

From V37 to V38, 43 charts have been updated/added: LINZ released new editions or new .tiff of 10 charts and released correction for additional 33 charts. Have a look to the History.txt file for more details.

Please delete/rebuild/substitute modified charts if you have old versions.

The chart building process is based on calibration data plus the tools KapGen and mc2bsbh. If you want to buid all NZ charts and all the upgrades above, download the new CHARTCAL-V38.zip and the required tools ( MCE66 - Software ) then build (or rebuild) with KapGen all the charts you need (when upgrading a chart from a old version, first delete the related tif file from /Img folder).

Of course you can also just download the charts set already built: download file NewZealandNauticalCharts_V38.7z you can find at the same location ( MCE66 - Software ). Note that the file will be now hosted on MEGA service due to new restrictions applied by depositfile service.

Let me know if you find problems in building, downloading or using such charts.

Happy sailing in fair winds and following seas.

Buon Vento. Ciao, Marco.
Old 29-09-2013, 15:03   #43

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

For some reason Firefox wants me to allow download of large files but does not provide the button to "allow".

Marco, now mega says file has been deleted. Hope we can download. Tried IE.

Thanks.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 16:34   #44

Re: New Zealand Charts - Alternate Download Site

Hi Terry

Marco has now released version 38 of the NZA charts and I am having the same problems downloading from Deposit Files as I did with version 37.

Do you have an alternative download site for these charts that I can access

Best wishes ........ Doug Yacht Seeka
Old 29-09-2013, 23:59   #45

Hello,

Download from MEGA for firefox users: you have to accept to download this large file. MEGA uses a download technology that requires a double step download and Firefox users needs to confirm this operation (I'm a Firefox user too!).

More details here: https://support.mozilla.org/it/questions/960444

Note that if you have negated the permission once, Firefox will never ask you again: you have to go in the history, find an occurrence of MEGA site, right click and select something like "Forget this site" (it will take a while...); next time you will try a download from MEGA, Firefox should ask your permission again.

Here is a screenshot showing what you should accept.

Let me know. Marco.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-27-15-55-01-1b85f2.png
Views:	183
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	68021  

Tags
charts, Fiji, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean