Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 02:20   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 456, 14m
Need OpenCPN Help

I have this programme working fine on 2 computers but have had to have our navigation computer's hard drive reformatted and reloaded with Windows XP and I cannot get Open CPN to run after installation. Have reloaded it several times all to no avail. Comes up:
"Programme Files/Open CPN/opencpn.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"
Can anyone please help. Have tried downloading both te 2. & 2.4 versions but all to no avail.
piedamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:33   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Need OpenCPN Help

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ems-58698.html
You can skip directly to the last post, or can try to find the logs we are talking about in the thread and post them. Also it looks like some antivirus programs, especially Norton, really don't want the stuff to work and disabling them while installing helps some people.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 13:20   #3

Boat: 51' pilot house cutter, aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedamer View Post
I have this programme working fine on 2 computers but have had to have our navigation computer's hard drive reformatted and reloaded with Windows XP and I cannot get Open CPN to run after installation. Have reloaded it several times all to no avail. Comes up:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"
Can anyone please help. Have tried downloading both te 2. & 2.4 versions but all to no avail.
Did you get help? I have the same problem -- installed OpenCPN on my desk top XP sp3 and it works perfectly. I just converted my Asus eee PC from Linux to Windows XP sp3 and have setup OpenCPN and get the identical message you get....????
captain38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 13:44   #4

Boat: Phantom 19

captain38,
did you try to install the VC redistributable manually as suggested in the thread I've linked in the previous post?

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40   #5

I found your previous, but could not find the VC redistributable. HOWEVER, I installed 2.4.423 moments ago and it appears to work. At least it opens. I have more work to download charts, but I think it's going to be good. Thank you for your help!
Old 14-05-2011, 02:58   #6

Boat: Beneteau First 456, 14m
pirate Re: Need OpenCPN Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedamer View Post
Finally got Open CPN to work by downloading an apparently missing file: /temp/vcredist_x86.log
piedamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 11:23   #7

Thanks for the reply. I will try that. FYI, I was able to load and use 2.4. It worked when loaded, and then did not on the next time I turned on that computer. But by reinstalling, it has worked well now.