I’d like to report a bug in the paid android version of OpenCPN
versions 10.1.12 and 10.1.13. I Updated to see if the bug had already been fixed.
position from the internal GPS
is reported and displayed incorrectly in Longitude. It is about ½ mile consistently too far east. I am anchored so it is not changing fast.
The internal GPS is good because when I check in Navionics
, my anchor alarm
or GPSStatus it is reported correctly (in a position that matches the main boat
nav-system GPS location).
I connected my main nav-system wirelessly to the OpenCPN
on the tablet and disabled the internal GPS and the position and numerical reporting moves to the correct location. It is the AIS
reporting position so it is the AIVDO NMEA
sentence in this case. I can go back to the internal GPS and it moves about ½ mile east.
The tablet is an older Motorola Xoom (I have both the WiFi
ony one and the Verizon-branded one with cell service
and both exhibit the problem)
I am at about 18 deg 24min S and 178deg 06 min E if the hemisphere matters.
Let me know if I can send other data to help debug this.
I tried reporting this at bigdumboat but never got an email
authorizing me as a user (yes, I checked in spam).