Dear O community,
I'm new to OpenCPN
and am trying to install the AISconverter tool available for OpenCPN
Using Windows, so far I've successfully installed:
1. OpenCPN (most recent stable version)
2. Python v2.7.13 (added to the path; successfully tested)
3. have configured windows for enabling the "localhost" option (i.e.: I can see a web site when I got to "http://localhost")
4. have added a "network connection" in OpenCPN (settings are UDP protocol, localhost address, dataport 10110, checksum control, receive input on this port, and accept only sentences)
5. successfully downloaded the two AISconverter files needed for running & testing the AISconverter program (these files are "sample.txt" and "AISconverter.py")
However, when I run the specified sample command:
python AISconverter.py sample.txt localhost 10110 .1 UDP
I get the error: (<"type 'exceptions.KeyError'>, 'AISconverter.py', 303)
Usage: python AISconverter.py [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Something went wrong, exiting.
I'm confused on how to proceed... anyone has encountered this problem before?
Thanks in advance