Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2012, 17:32   #706

Boat: 29'
Re: Help / FAQ

glywyn380,
messy,... unless you go into the wpt manager and click the eyeball to hide the wpt that's underneath and no more "messy" .

by the way, Layers are a good method to load your various master-lists in. You can click the Eyeball to see em or not.
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 20:36   #707

To answer cagney (thanks for your suggestion) - this does not realy fit the bill at the planning stage (I want to insert "Example" into my route I wish to follow tomorrow). To HappySeagull - I want to go to "Example" in my scenario, if I hide it as you suggest (which takes a series (4 or 5) selections to acheive) after I have dragged NM003 to near it, I will not go exactly to it without having copied the precise co-ordinates of Example to NM003 (again a series of selections and typings to acheive) when the underlying functionality is already present in the route construction phase. The second part, i.e. insert a waypoint into a route in the route manager/properties area, is not available (only split route and extend route) but would be a definite asset when planning., again the data already exists.
glywn380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 22:19   #708

...a few tips might speed it up....
"if I hide it as you suggest (which takes a series (4 or 5) selections to acheive)" I disagree. I count: RouteManager->Waypoints >then click the eye to hide. That's 3. Likewise if it's a layer. And that's just for "tidiness".Because the underlying mark has no real effect.
"after I have dragged NM003 to near it, I will not go exactly to it without having copied the precise co-ordinates of Example to NM003"
Just zoom in more while"dragging onto".Accuracy will be within the parameters of accurate navigation.
"without having copied the precise co-ordinates of Example to NM003 (again a series of selections and typings to acheive)"
demanding that accuracy,I suggest Copy and paste your positions-don't type them.It's faster.
If there are many revisions, why not just make a new route?
Old 14-11-2012, 07:23   #709

OK I get all those responses, thank you, But why if I click on the route and choose (from the right click menu) to append waypoint, it allows me the option of use nearby waypoint, and adds it to the end of the route from the last waypoint in the route. So in fact the functionality is already in there but not completely. So I guess I remove thread from the help/FAQ and append it to the request for future functions. Thanks again and signing off on this.
glywn380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 00:15   #710

Boat: wharram tiki 26

Please help, I cannot for the life of me get the GEKAP to pin to the dashboard. I am going stir crazy.p.s my computer skills are frustratingly limited.I have followed the steps provided by Tore but get nowhere.
Thanks in advance.
salticrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 10:37   #711

In my state of confusion / frustration I probably did not my myself clear, what I meant was that the Gekap does not appear in the plug ins menu on the dashbaord.
Old 20-11-2012, 13:03   #712

salticrak,
first off check on this thread
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-43680-47.html
somewhere up or down from my link

Or check yachtvalhalla's page here

http://yachtvalhalla.net/navigation/navigation.htm

he's a wealth of info on GE2Kap

and otherwise, what comes to mind is; you do need a newer BETA of OpenCPN for this plugin to show up on the toolbar
Old 20-11-2012, 13:09   #713

...in fact right here, halfway down-page looks to be the right place...

Create KAP

to quote terry, "....If you want a button on the Toolbar to remind you that the plugin has been enabled, check the box and select 'Ok'. The button is only a reminder ... it doesn't turn the plugin on or off. That is done by enabling or disabling at the above screen."
Does that sound like it'll help?
Old 20-11-2012, 13:23   #714

Mate thanks for the heads up
Old 20-12-2012, 09:00   #715

Boat: IP 35
AIS Query Target

Been using "O" for awhile now, using XP with SP3. All was well till recently. Now "AIS Query Target" does not function neither does the "Target Info" tab. However, when there is an alert, all the data shows up on the alert.
Not sure if problem began after upgrade to 3.0.2 or when I added new plugins. I did both on the same session and did not check out functions till days later....Also on closing "O" it would crash showing a "AISRADAR" error. Removed that plugin and that has stopped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
tveillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 17:26   #716

Boat: IP 35
Re: AIS Query Target

Got It Fixed!!!!

Did a re-install let "O" re-create the ini file. Lost all my waypoints, routes and such, but all works again...
tim
tveillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46   #717

Boat: Elizabethan 33
Can't access charts via USB on Lynux

Hi I have just installed OpenCPN 3.0.2 on a Lynux system (Mint 14). There does not appear to be a means of reading charts from a USB connected disk -the disk does not appear in the Available Chart Directories list. The issue is not with Lynux because I can read the disk outside of CPN. Is there a way round this does anyone know?

Thanks

Tom
tomfb630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14   #718

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Can't access charts via USB on Lynux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfb630 View Post
Hi I have just installed OpenCPN 3.0.2 on a Lynux system (Mint 14). There does not appear to be a means of reading charts from a USB connected disk -the disk does not appear in the Available Chart Directories list. The issue is not with Lynux because I can read the disk outside of CPN. Is there a way round this does anyone know?

Thanks

Tom
From within O you have access to the whole file-system. You know where the usb disk is, as you can connect to i outside O!
So this boils down to navigating the Linux file system!

My USO sticks on Kubuntu, normally ends up in "/media". To get there I have to navigate to the root "/" first.

Still stuck? Let's see a screen dump.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 13:27   #719

Boat: Elizabethan 33

Bang on
tomfb630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 23:03   #720

I run the latest Version of Ubuntu, and the 64 bit stable release of OpenCpn.

I cannot get opencpn to recognize my GPS.

I have tried the directions in the OPENCPN manual, but I am lost when it says, "Go to Options-> Connections-> Add Conection and select "Network" plus the GPSD radio button. Address should be "localhost" and DataPorts should be set to 2947

Where is this menu tree located in the first place?

My MediaTek USB GPS is located at,

richard@ubuntu:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04f2:b293 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e8d:3329 MediaTek Inc.

I know Canonical is driving you guys nuts over this issue, but I have worked hard for two weeks and have gotten nowhere.
Siskiyous is offline   Reply With Quote