Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 05:08   #1

Enc Anchoring info n/a

Hi all,

I've been using openCPN for quite some time now, but I ran into a problem I seem to be unable to fix. Yesterday, I had to a hard shutdown of my system, which caused the config file of OpenCPN to be corrupted. Or so I assume: all my settings and charts disappeared.
I did a full rebuild of my chart set and redid al my setring, as I didn't have a backup of the config file yet. Everythong is working beautifully again, except one thing: I'm missing the ENC anchoring info. No details om rocks, no details on bottom type, etc. The option (under 'view') is unchecked amd greyed out. Even if I enable everything in chart display, this info is still lacking. Before yesterday, it was there and I'm using the same chart (oesenc spain).
Any hints on what can be wrong are very welcome; I anchor 90% of the time and are not very keen on hitting rocks..!

Thanks,
Anne
Vrijstaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:10   #2

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Enc Anchoring info n/a

Anne..
Be sure to not use "Base" or "Standard" display category but "All" or "User standard"
Then you can check the "Anchoring info"
For user standard you can select what you want to see. Pls see Options->Charts->Vector Chart Display for a list of selections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ENC_detail.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	224451  
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:23   #3

Re: Enc Anchoring info n/a

Thank you!! I've read about these settings in the manual, but I couldn't locate them. Your screenshot was exactly what I needed �� Problem solved, I owe you lots of care free sailing!
Vrijstaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchoring, enc