Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2020, 03:33   #16

Re: dynamic Ocpn_Draw boundary

Hi jongough,

Let me ask you one thing, there is a Move Boundary option on the boundary on right mouse click.

May I know how did you program this, where is the code for this option?
Which function is been called for this function?

I think if we can apply the MoveBoundary function as the boat moves with regards to GPS data.

Could you give me suggestion on these idea?
priyanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 12:47   #17

Boat: Richter 42

The move boundary is to allow users to drag the boundary to a new spot. It does this by using increments in Lat and Lon created by the movement of the mouse and applying this change to all points that make up the boundary. If you look in Boundary.cpp you will find the MoveAllPoints function that does this.

The MoveAllPoints function is called from ocpn_draw_pi.cpp in the MouseEventHook function and the 'event.Dragging' area. There is no API way to get to this function.

What I think you want to do is more complicated than this as you are also going to rotate the boundary so that it stays aligned with the heading. This is part of what the Guard Zones do. So I think it would have to be another object type that allows for the correct drawing and movement of the boundary. It may be that a new subtype of Boundary is needed to add these new functions.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 02:47   #18

Is there any possible way to replace the shape of Guardzone from circle to atleast a rectangle by just modifying the function, bool ocpn_draw_pi::CreateGZLeftClick( wxMouseEvent &event )?

The only thing matter is the shape of the boundary right? the other functionalities are same.

ie Draw the boundary using Mouse events with respect to the center of the boat.
As an initial step I would like to implement at least a rectangle boundary moving with the boat.

If you have any idea regarding this, please let me know.
Old 20-02-2020, 03:02   #19

Is there any possible way to replace the shape of Guardzone from circle to atleast a rectangle by just modifying the function, bool ocpn_draw_pi::CreateGZLeftClick( wxMouseEvent &event )?

The only thing matter is the shape of the boundary right? the other functionalities are same.

ie Draw the boundary using Mouse events with respect to the center of the boat.
As an initial step I would like to implement at least a rectangle boundary moving with the boat.

If you have any idea regarding this, please let me know.