Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2016, 05:23   #16

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: Dual XGPS150A unit and Windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaia View Post
You need to check the BT drivers from both Microsoft and the hardware manufacturer.
If you have installed a third party Bluetooth Stack you will for sure have a problem because the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack kills the other one and even the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack will not work properly anymore. It is very hard to get rid of the third party Bluetooth Stack once there have been such a stack installed. If you are not an experienced Windows expert the best way is to make a new Windows install.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 12:20   #17

Boat: St. Francis 44 mkII
Re: Dual XGPS150A unit and Windows 10

late to thread, but have you set the dual to be non-ios?.. the factory ships it to work by default with ios, not windows.

here is an old thread/post which may help with setup..

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1258079

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSail View Post
I purchased a Dual XGPS150A unit for use with OpenCPN running on Windows 10. I purchased this unit because it was listed on the OpenCPN hardware page (second row from the bottom). However, I have been unable to get the unit to show a position in OpenCPN. Windows 10 indicates that it is paired with the unit, the unit appears up under Bluetooth devices and also shows com ports assigned for both input and output. But the XGPS150 unit's blue Bluetooth light flashes at 1 second intervals indicating that it does not think it is connected. Dual has not been very helpful so far in solving this problem. There is documentation telling how to set this device up with earlier versions of Windows but not Windows 10. Those directions are not applicable to Win 10. I'm hoping that there is someone who has an understanding of Bluetooth to OpenCPN protocols might be able to troubleshoot this problem. I have attached a picture of screen shots of Windows 10 settings.
Mystic38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, wind