Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2016, 16:29   #1

Boat: True North 34 (AKA Noon Ocean) LOD: 34 LOA: 40
Dual XGPS150 and Windows 10

OpenCPN runs great on my Win 10 laptop. But I purchased a Dual XGPS150A for the DPS receiving device as suggested on the OpenCPN hardware page:
GPS Devices | Official OpenCPN Homepage (second row from bottom). But I have not been able to get the XGPS150 to connect to the PC:

• I charged turned on and set the XGPS150 to "non-iOS" mode
  • I opened the Bluetooth settings page on the PC. The PC found the device and I allowed pairing.The PC showed that it was paired with the XGPS150.
  • The XGPS150 unit shows a constant green light for GPS indicating that it has found its location.
  • The blue Bluetooth light flashes on and off at about 1 second intervals continually, it does not change its state to being constantly being on. So it appears that the PC believes that it is paired but the XGPS150 does not think it is paired.
  • I gone through the setup routine several times and also rebooted the computer between attempts, but to no avail. I don't see any device errors in Windows.
Has anyone else got the Dual XGPS150 to work with OpenCPN running on Windows 10? I would very much appreciate getting some help with this if others have this GPS unit.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
NWSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 06:40   #2

Boat: Irwin 37 CC
Re: Dual XGPS150 and Windows 10

It don't have a Windows machine here; but look under device/Manager>Comports. You should see something about a Bluetooth com port being assigned. If not google how to enable Bluetooth uader W10. Sorry I can't be more specific.
Old 23-03-2016, 07:43   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: Dual XGPS150 and Windows 10

The Dual is both an Apple GPS and an everybody else in the world GPS, You do have the switch set for everybody else and not Apple?

Nevermind, I see you did that
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, wind