Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 04:46   #16

Re: Display position error from $GPRRE string

Quote:
Some company like Spirent and Regulus Cyber have observed about 150,000 attacks to GPS systems with jamming and spoofing
I feel quite fortunate then that no-one has jammed the MK 1 Eyeball nor my compass!
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:45   #17

Boat: Najad 34

CarCode..

A GNSS receiver capable to use several GNSS systems and following the NMEA0183 specification will use a TalkerID referred to into the linked document herein. Normally such a device will use the best of what's available in the sky and thus use the TalkerID "GN" for messages like "GNRMC".
How any device is set to do that and which of available system(s) to use for the reported fix is the manufacturer's responsibility and nothing OCPN can control or choose to select from.
It's could be some devices letting the user control which satellite system to use. I don't know. But that's nothing OCPN can or will take care of. But to my imagination a proper GNSS receiver program will sort out deviant positions before reporting a fix. There are a lot more satellites available these day's so it would be no problem.
My device normally sees about 40 satellites from five system, lat 58 N, lon 11 E, and use to work with about 14 for the fix.
Link: https://www.nmea.org/Assets/20190303...0mnemonics.pdf
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 20:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipole View Post
You could easily process RRE using the JavaScript plugin and do with it what you will.
You might want to display the position error in a small window, average it, watch for its variation from some required accuracy and raise an alert if it exceeds it or log it.
This sounds like a great solution. I will delve into the plugin. If you can point to an example code that might be a good starting place that would be great.
bchad is offline   Reply With Quote