Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2021, 16:27   #1

Deleted stale lock file?

Hello, All:

My first post - I've been using Ope CPN without problem, and just updated to 5.0. When I went to open the application I got the attached error message about a "deleted stale lock file" it says: " Deleted stale lock file '/Users/chismini/Library/Preferenes/opencpn/_OpenCPN_SlLock'. "

My computers name is chismini.

The Open CPN app does not open, and the error message disappears in a few seconds.

Any clues?

Thanks, Palio
Palio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 01:13   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Deleted stale lock file?

The pop-up is the result of an incorrect shut-down of OpenCPN in the previous session.
Anyhow: you might want to upgrade to the actual version 5.2.4 - 5.0 is outdated.
5.2.4 does run on Big Sur (macOS 11.x) as well.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 05:10   #3

Thanks for the reply - Actually, I misspoke - I did install Version 5.2.4.

Yes - I think I had OpenCPN running on the old version when I did the original update to 5.2.4. I realized my mistake and quit OpenCPN - then tried to re-open it...that's when it failed to open and I started getting the error messages.

Since then, I have deleted the app using "Clean My Mac", rebooted the Mac (mac mini mid-2010 running High Sierra) and did a re-install of Open CPN. This time I got the message: OpenCPN Error: Failed to inspect the lock file 'Users/chismini/Library/Preferances/opencpn/_OpenCPN_SlLock (error 2: No such file or directory)

Would appreciate any help possible, as we are leaving for a trip from Charleston to Boston tomorrow. THANKS!
Palio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 05:48   #4

I had this same problem. I deleted the program and reinstalled the latest version of OpenCPN for Mac. All my problems went away and all is working well now. I am running Big Sur 11.5 with no problems.
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote