Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2020, 08:13   #1

Boat: Ferretti Altura 42
Default zoom settings

This is probably a strange question, but is there a setting which keeps the zoom state of the maps for after a reboot? I am using OpenCPN on a raspberry pi (with oesenc charts), and every time I boot I have to set the zoom level in both split maps (I have an overview map and a zoomed in map), just like the setting to follow the boat when sailing.

Thanks in advance!

-Hans
hans-martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 13:26   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO 32I
Re: Default zoom settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans-martijn View Post
This is probably a strange question, but is there a setting which keeps the zoom state of the maps for after a reboot? I am using OpenCPN on a raspberry pi (with oesenc charts), and every time I boot I have to set the zoom level in both split maps (I have an overview map and a zoomed in map), just like the setting to follow the boat when sailing.

Thanks in advance!

-Hans
I use opencpn on a Raspberry Pi too and when I start I always apply the last zoom level of each canvas without any problem.

I'm guessing that maybe you turn off the system abruptly from time to time by unplugging the power just like that, instead of turning it off in the right way and that might cause the OpenCpn configuration file not to be saved and so you lose the zoom levels, among other things.

If you always do the right shutdown you should have no problem. If you don't... you will have many. And not only with opencpn.
pinguino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 17:29   #3
Marine Service Provider

Hans...
What Version of OpenCPN are you running?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 00:59   #4

Boat: Ferretti Altura 42

Dave, I'm using 5.2.0

Pinguino: I work in IT, so I know the benefits of properly shutting down. But since I'm a bit lazy, so I made a button to properly shut the system down. So yes, I do shut down properly
hans-martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 00:03   #5

Boat: Najad 34

hans...
A curious question: How did you manage to get a proper shut down by a button? My attempts on a RPi so far ends up in a OpenCNP last log entry "Got quitflag from SIGNAL" instead of "opencpn::MyApp exiting cleanly..."
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote