Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 04:16   #1

Boat: Baltic trader
Configuration file reset on Raspberry pi

Hello,

I have a Raspberry pi 3 running OpenCPN 4.8.4 plugged on my boat battery through 24v to usb converter.
The problem is that when OpenCPN is closed abruptly (power shutdown due to low battery etc), the configuration file is reset. Meaning that I need to configure again everything including NMEA ports, default chart folders...

I guess the configuration file must get corrupted when OpenCPN crashes, and must be replaced by a default one at the next startup.

I found a workaround by backing up the configuration file and replacing at each Raspberry start.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?
Barentsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:25   #2
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Configuration file reset on Raspberry pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barentsailor View Post
Hello,

I have a Raspberry pi 3 running OpenCPN 4.8.4 plugged on my boat battery through 24v to usb converter.
The problem is that when OpenCPN is closed abruptly (power shutdown due to low battery etc), the configuration file is reset. Meaning that I need to configure again everything including NMEA ports, default chart folders...

I guess the configuration file must get corrupted when OpenCPN crashes, and must be replaced by a default one at the next startup.

I found a workaround by backing up the configuration file and replacing at each Raspberry start.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?
Never had any problems running openplotter despite numerous power downs without shutdown. I have a little bit of node red which backs up everything just in case.
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote