Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 03:16   #31

Boat: Steel, Regina, Holland, 8.70
Re: CM93 Chart detail?

I changed the rgb numbers at s57chartsymbols.xml data/ file (OCPN 3.1.919) as
LANDA 255 224 183
NODTA 225 224 222
DEPDW 255 249 245
LANDF 255 200 125
CHBRN 226 192 156
but the colours of the map did not change, all are the same.
boraxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22   #32

Boat: Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxtr View Post
I changed the rgb numbers at s57chartsymbols.xml data/ file (OCPN 3.1.919) as
LANDA 255 224 183
NODTA 225 224 222
DEPDW 255 249 245
LANDF 255 200 125
CHBRN 226 192 156
but the colours of the map did not change, all are the same.
1. Check your log file. It will tell you which chartsymbols.xml file is loaded. You might have several copies.

2. Check that you are editing the right color table. You want <color-table name="DAY_BRIGHT">.
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:52   #33

Hi Jesper, Nothing changed after edited the <color-table name="DAY_BRIGHT"> . log file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn.log.doc (14.8 KB, 148 views)
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50   #34

Boat: Journeyman

So is it the C:\Program Files\OpenCPN\s57data\chartsymbols.xml file you are editing?
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:00   #35

Yes Jesper, it is the edited file. However I think I was wrong. After reinstalled the 3.02+3.1.919 and used the edited file, I found the swedish look colors.
Thank you for your kind interest.
Old 19-03-2013, 15:07   #36
TSK

Boat: TSK47 one-off sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
No, but when stable is out I will provide a patched version. The solution is really a hack that doesn't belong in the supported version.
Hello, would it be possible to get the "åäö" windows patch for 3.2?
I'm allready using the swedish style charts and like them alot!
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 14:53   #37

Boat: Najad 34

JesperWe et.al...

The Swedish "åäö/ÅÄÖ" hack is fascinating. Where did you do it? could you share some code? I can't say I'm a developer but can manage some of it.
And for further development it would be a challenge to surpass MaxSea or who ever did the CM93s. They have actually distroyed the Swedish originates by not include the native char sets. If we, OCPN, can fix that back it would be outstanding. This is actually valid for the whole Scandinavian and more countries as well.
The hack is nice but in its extension a bit dangerous. Not valid program files can start to drift around and cause jumble. The ultimate solution would be user interface settings to activate different char-pair translations like Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and so on. Would that be a possible challenge to code?
I'm note the coder to do it but I could facilitate to make the chars translation tables.

Comments? views?
Thanks
Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 01:45   #38

Boat: Najad391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
JesperWe et.al...

The Swedish "åäö/ÅÄÖ" hack is fascinating. Where did you do it? could you share some code? I can't say I'm a developer but can manage some of it.
And for further development it would be a challenge to surpass MaxSea or who ever did the CM93s. They have actually distroyed the Swedish originates by not include the native char sets. If we, OCPN, can fix that back it would be outstanding. This is actually valid for the whole Scandinavian and more countries as well.
The hack is nice but in its extension a bit dangerous. Not valid program files can start to drift around and cause jumble. The ultimate solution would be user interface settings to activate different char-pair translations like Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and so on. Would that be a possible challenge to code?
I'm note the coder to do it but I could facilitate to make the chars translation tables.

Comments? views?
Thanks
Håkan
I hope that a solution can be made to handle åäö for us in the world that use this odd things
To put back Scandinavian, or other, missing chart info in cm93 is a very good thing and will solve the problems with cm93 that for every update loose more and more details. I really support this thinking
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40   #39

Hi
Jesper or anyone a little help please. Ill try to make CM93 to view Swedish chars as described above. But my lack of experience won't let me find the place were the text is coming in. There's a lot of text handling in <s52plib.cpp> but I can't find the text str itself. A code extract from when this was done previously would be of great help, wheel reinvent and so on. Or just a hint of where the strings are printed to screen.
Håkan
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53   #40
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Hi
Jesper or anyone a little help please. Ill try to make CM93 to view Swedish chars as described above. But my lack of experience won't let me find the place were the text is coming in. There's a lot of text handling in <s52plib.cpp> but I can't find the text str itself. A code extract from when this was done previously would be of great help, wheel reinvent and so on. Or just a hint of where the strings are printed to screen.
Håkan
Perhaps the easiest is to drop him a mail:
Journeyman 60 - Extreme Adventure Yacht
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22   #41

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Hi
Håkan
You can start with Jespers old patch. It needs developing, as it does not work, as is, on 3.2.
swedish_characters_3_0.zip.pdf

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36   #42

Thomas..
Very good, many thanks for your support. That's for sure a good start. Exactly what I wanted.
Håkan