Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-07-2021, 00:12   #1

Charts Kara sea: source?

Hi forum,

I'm helping setting up OpenCPN. My usual things are network, GPS streams, logging, etc. but not the charts.

Where is a good place to find charts for the Kara Sea? I've tried the OpenCPN downloader but no luck in this area. We wouldn't mind paying if they were suitable for OpenCPN and of certain quality.

If this is off-topic: my apologies, feel free to get in touch via direct message if you knew something. Also, feel free to send URLs and I'll have a look.

Thank you!
carles_pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 02:50   #2

Re: Charts Kara sea: source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carles_pina View Post
Hi forum,

I'm helping setting up OpenCPN. My usual things are network, GPS streams, logging, etc. but not the charts.

Where is a good place to find charts for the Kara Sea? I've tried the OpenCPN downloader but no luck in this area. We wouldn't mind paying if they were suitable for OpenCPN and of certain quality.

If this is off-topic: my apologies, feel free to get in touch via direct message if you knew something. Also, feel free to send URLs and I'll have a look.

Thank you!
http://cktspb.ru/ru/opencpn.php
https://catalog-enc.cktspb.ru/
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 03:45   #3
Marine Service Provider

The widely shared CM93 2009 global charts include this area. Pretty much everyone who uses OpenCPN has a copy so just ask around your marina for someone to stick them on a USB stick. A bit out of date but I'd be surprised if the current charts of Kara Sea were up to date anyway.

The global "Admiralty" set also contains this area, slightly different data from the CM93 set, based on british admiralty charts. This set is not so easy to find for free but if you search on torrent sites like piratebay you can probably find it.

There was a really huge torrent a few years ago called "nautical charts" with almost everything worldwide in it, including both of the above. If you hunt around someone might still be seeding it.

Please don't ask me to send or upload these, besides being pirate copies they are big files and I don't have the bandwidth here on mobile data.
chris14679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 07:01   #4

Look for the 2015 CM93 / ed2, the entire Northern Sea Route is present there.

here about three years ago they gave a link to the maps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-20 215833.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	242393  
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 16:02   #5

Thanks both for replying! Good links!

I remember now CM93, I had seen in somewhere else but I didn't remember the name.

There are charts in www.chartworld.com that I will look as well (it might be obvious but not for me, not into charts much!).
carles_pina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts