Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2013, 15:19   #76

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Calculator_pi New Finished Plugin for OpenCPN

SamsonovAnton,

This is a good place to write your suggestions and experience with plugins. Thank you for your suggestions, I am sure SaltyPaws will be interested when he has a chance to read your comments. Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer effort and SaltyPaws is using Linux, and I have compiled the windows versions for him... so it is a process with a "long pole" if you will.

I hope you will have a chance to read and think about his response when he does see the message.

Best,
Rick

PS: SaltyPaws, I am sending you via a private email many additional calculations which I think would be appropriate in the calculator. Much of the code and entry fields are working in html, so I hope it is not hard to convert.

-Also I think it would be very useful if it were possible to have some popup image/sketches of the calcs to help explain. I think you've done this elsewhere, like in the SAR plugin.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 13:30   #77

Boat: BENETEAU

Anton,

Each pluging have now a specific section in the tracker page.

Please do not hesitate to post your comments and suggestions.

Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 07:49   #78

Serge,
Thank you for getting the other plugins entered in flyspray if you're the one who did it. For some reason Flyspray would not accept the additional plugin entries that I was trying to enter. This was about a month ago. Also, I just added two more for pi - Watchman and pi - rtlsdr but they do not appear yet even though they are really at beta stage. I have some requests/suggestions to add to flyspray for several of the plugins next.

I was looking for your forum Flyspray post / notice to everyone and could not find it. Was it part of the beta thread? I am thinking that we should have a full "Flyspray -opencpn.org Tracker" Thread with your notice at the top, where we post pertinent information, links to Tracker, and get the community using it more.

Do you think that would be helpful? -If so, perhaps you would start the thread?

Thanks Rick
Old 09-09-2013, 16:38   #79

Re: Plugin Threads (List)
Tracker VOTING for Plugins has been enabled by Serge. Please VOTE in Tracker for all Plugin projects (upper right dropdown) for the Feature requests you'd like. Also please do make comments and add Feature Requests and Bug Reports. You'll need to register or log in to Vote, add items and make comments.

Tracker VOTING.
Calculator
Old 09-09-2013, 18:24   #80

Tracker VOTING for Plugins has been enabled by Serge. Please VOTE in Tracker for all Plugin projects (upper right dropdown) for the Feature requests you'd like. Also please do make comments and add Feature Requests and Bug Reports. You'll need to register or log in to Vote, add items and make comments.

Tracker VOTING.
Calculator
Old 16-12-2013, 09:07   #81

With OpenCPN 3.31117 To compile Calculator source code, change
calculator_pi.h file
this line
#include <opencpn/ocpn_plugin.h>
to
#include <ocpn_plugin.h>
which eliminates errors.

There are stilll warnings in the cmake --build . output
See attached.
Will try to make pull request in git, and add note above to Tracker, but later.

LATER: Nope that did not fix completely.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Calculator Fix.doc (3.2 KB, 78 views)
Old 30-12-2013, 18:43   #82

Boat: 36' Sail

Is anyone compiling from linux? Looks like saltypaws is. I had to make a couple of changes to some .h files to compile and then the plugin failed to load at runtime as there were some undefined symbols.

Shall I track these down and report back?
tidefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 20:15   #83

Boat: Phantom 19

Haven't had a look lately, but there were no problems. I will go through all the plugins shortly before the 3.4 release, so if you don't desperately need it now, just enjoy the new year party

Thanks

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 20:39   #84

Boat: 36' Sail

No I don't need it. I just saw something that might not be working and was hoping to give back to the project.

I guess you are a day ahead of me here on the west coast of canada. Have a good new years eve!
tidefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 06:54   #85

Can anyone help with these standalone plugin errors (Windows) MSVC++ for Calculator? Thankyou.

Code:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj"
       (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxp
      roj" (default target) (3) ->
      (ClCompile target) ->
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(248): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
      true' or 'false' (performance warning)       [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin
      \calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(249): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
      true' or 'false' (performance warning)       [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(250): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(251): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(252): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(254): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(257): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(258): warning C4800: 'long' : forcing       value to bool '
        c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio       10.0\VC\include\tchar.h(2388):
      warning C4005: '_T' : macro redefinition       [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plug
      in\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(460): warning C4800: 'wxChoice *'       : forcing valu
      e to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)       [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigati
      on\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj"
       (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxp
      roj" (default target) (3) ->
      (ClCompile target) ->
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(329): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst'
       : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [3]' to 'const       mu::string_type &'
 [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcx
      proj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(330): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst'
       : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [2]' to 'const       mu::string_type &'
      proj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(331): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst'
       : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [4]' to 'const       mu::string_type &'
      proj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(332): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::SetVarFactor
      y' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'mu::value_type *(__cdecl       *)(const char *,v
      oid *)' to 'mu::facfun_type'       [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculato
      r_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(540): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : c
      annot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'const       mu::string_type &' [C:\D
ata-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(548): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : c
      annot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'const       mu::string_type &' [C:\D
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(704): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : c
        ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(708): error C2664:       'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : c

10 Warning(s)
          8 Error(s)
Old 27-07-2014, 12:48   #86

Nohal thanks for trying, it still doesn't compile...

From calculator_pi directory issued at cmd prompt

"git pull https://github.com/nohal/calculator_pi master"
There were about three files that changes with a number of changes...33
etc.

Then cd build and cmake .. and cmake --build .
Build FAILED.

Code:
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(248): warning C4800: 'long' : 
forcing value to bool ' true' or 'false' (performance warning) 
[C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(249): warning C4800: 'long' : 
forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning) 
[C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(250): warning C4800: 'long' :
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(251): warning C4800: 'long' :
 forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning) 
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(252): warning C4800: 'long' :
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(254): warning C4800: 'long' : 
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(257): warning C4800: 'long' : 
forcing value to bool '
true' or 'false' (performance warning) 
  ..\src\calculator_pi.cpp(258): warning C4800: 'long' : 
  c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\tchar.h(2388):warning C4005: '_T' : 
macro redefinition 
[C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\buil\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(469): warning C4800: 'wxChoice *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning) 

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj"(default target) (1) ->
roj" (default target) (3) ->(ClCompile target) ->
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(338): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst': cannot convert parameter 1 from
 'const char [3]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(339): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 
'const char [2]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
 [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build \calculator_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(340): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::DefineConst': cannot convert parameter 1 from 
'const char [4]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(341): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetVarFactory' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 
'mu::value_type *(__cdecl *)(const char *,void *)' to 'mu::facfun_type' [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(549): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : c
annot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'const mu::string_type &' 
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(557): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 
'const char *' to 'const mu::string_type &' 
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(716): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 
  ..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(720): error C2664:'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 

10 Warning(s)
    8 Error(s)
Old 27-07-2014, 12:56   #87

Rick...
This plug-in simply does not work on Windows in it's present state, no need to try.

Pavel
Old 27-07-2014, 13:02   #88

None of the plugins really work for windows.... there are all these small anomylies, in weatherfax, weather_routing, calculator, celestial nav, etc. What will it take to get these working? Just patience? I think we've made good headway on windows, and then it all falls apart again. I am getting tired of this too.

I think Wally gave up on Windows for this plugin, and Sean has gotten tired of jumping Windows hoops for his plugins and he's tired of me pestering.
Old 27-07-2014, 13:13   #89

This is the most recent correspondence with Wally... just before this change. There were fewer errors (I mean warnings) to fix at that time too.
---------

Am I supposed to use wxFormbuilder or something?

No, it does not appear to be the problem.... I downloaded new version of FormBuilder and tried the calculator.ftb file... and nothiing seems amiss.

calculatorgui_impl.cpp
=================
Dlg:lg( wxWindow* parent, wxWindowID id, const wxString& title, const wxPoint& pos, const wxSize& size, long style ) : DlgDef( parent, id, title, pos, size, style )
{
Line 329 MuParser.ClearConst();
Line 330 MuParser.DefineConst("pi", 3.141592653589793238462643);
Line 331 MuParser.DefineConst("e", 2.718281828459045235360287);
Line 332 MuParser.DefineConst("dtr",0.0174532925199433) ;
Line 333 MuParser.SetVarFactory(AddVariable,&MuParser);

Line 540 MuParser.SetExpr(static_cast<const char*>(Text.mb_str())); //Typecast to mu::stringtype
double Muparser_result=0;

Line 548 // MuParser.SetExpr((mu::string_type) mystring.mb_str()); //This works in linux, but causes compiler error in windows
MuParser.SetExpr(static_cast<const char*>(mystring.mb_str())); //Store the answer in ans

//printf("Humanise\n");
try{
Temp_String=wxT("log10(abs(")+double2wxT(in_Value) +wxT("))/3");
Line707 MuParser.SetExpr(static_cast<const char*>(Temp_String.mb_str()));
human_magnitude=(int) MuParser.Eval();
if (in_Value<1) {human_magnitude--;}
Temp_String=double2wxT(in_Value)+wxT("*10^(-3*")+double2wxT((double)human_magnitude)+wxT(")" );
Line712 MuParser.SetExpr(static_cast<const char*>(Temp_String.mb_str()));
result=MuParser.Eval();
if (in_Value==0) {human_magnitude=0;}

===========

On 7/25/2014 1:19 PM, Rick Gleason wrote:
Deary Wally,
I saw the plugin had changed so I git pull and compiled. Fewer errors now.
Rick

Build FAILED.

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\tchar.h(2388):warning C4005: '_T' : macro redefinition
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(460): warning C4800: 'wxChoice *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]

(ClCompile target) ->
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(329): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase:efineConst'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [3]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(330): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase:efineConst'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [2]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(331): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase:efineConst'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [4]' to 'const mu::string_type &'
[C:\Data-Dart\UpSoft\Navigation\o-plugin\calculator_pi\build\calculator_pi.vcxproj]
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(332): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetVarFactory'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'mu::value_type *(__cdecl *)(const char *,void *)' to 'mu::facfun_type'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(540): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'const mu::string_type &'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(548): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(707): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr'
..\src\calculatorgui_impl.cpp(711): error C2664: 'mu::ParserBase::SetExpr'

2 Warning(s)
8 Error(s)

Old 27-07-2014, 13:19   #90

Rick...
We will fix all the problems, one by one, don't worry. It will just take some time as my resources are limited and to be honest, polishing code, especially someone else's, is way less fun than implementing own new stuff.

Pavel

Tags
opencpn