Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2018, 23:14   #1

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 382
Boundaries in AusENC S-63 charts

1. When I view AusENC S-63 charts with the Boundaries Option set to 'Symbolized' (in Options/Charts/Vector Chart Display), the boundaries around marine farms, no-anchor areas, marine reserves, administrative areas, etc., do not appear. By changing the Boundaries Option to 'Plain', the boundaries appear as hatched lines. By then changing Options to 'Symbolized', the symbolized boundaries appear.
With all my charts compiled when they are loaded or updated, the boundaries remain visible until I shut down OCPN. But as I will have left the options set to 'Symbolized' at shutdown, I have to go through the process again next time I open OCPN.
If the cells are not all compiled on loading, whenever I move to a new cell area, the newly compiled cell does not display the boundaries until I change from Symbolized-Plain-Symbolized again.
The work-around is to leave the Boundaries Option at Plain, but the symbolized boundaries do add information.

2. Some symbolized boundaries have the tick-marks facing the wrong way.

Attached are two images of 2 wharves near Eden on chart AU5192P0. On the OCPN image, the end of the upper wharf (wood chip jetty) is surrounded by a rectangular caution area. The SW and SE sides of the caution areas have the tick marks facing outwards, while the NW and NE sides are correctly facing inwards. There are also two triangular caution areas alongside this jetty. The tick marks do appear at higher zoom levels, but the special purpose marks at each vertex are not displayed. The southern wharf (ammunition wharf) has an administrative area around it which has no tick marks.

The second image shows the same area displayed on SeaPro Lite.

I am using OCPN 4.8.4, S-63 plugin 1.7.530, Windows 10, and the cell displayed is AU5192P0 updated at 18/5/2018.

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eden wharves OCPN.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	170980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eden wharves SeaPro.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	170981  

aboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 17:30   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Boundaries in AusENC S-63 charts

Andrew...

Thanks for the report. Looking at these errors now.

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aries, charts, enc