Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2019, 07:13   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bogue Sound NC
Boat: Cape Dory MKII 1987 Hull #3
Posts: 515
Bermuda Charts

Hi trying to download Bermuda and cannot find the catalog on my list
Using Open CPN for android
thanks
__________________

__________________
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Geriatrics Rule
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 07:47   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Helsingborg
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,704
Re: Bermuda Charts

There are no free charts available for Bermuda.

In O-charts Caribbean coverage, for the oeSENC plugin, there is a small scale coverage of Bermuda. Good enough to make a landfall but not to enter the harbors.

If you have access to CM93 v2 there is a good coverage.


Thomas
__________________

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 08:36   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bogue Sound NC
Boat: Cape Dory MKII 1987 Hull #3
Posts: 515
Re: Bermuda Charts

ah!!!
thanks for the info
was wandering
appreciate
__________________
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Geriatrics Rule
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 10:01   #4
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 3,775
Re: Bermuda Charts

Detailed charts for Bahamas for OpenCPN are "under way".

We are testing licensed raster chart support these days which will bring detailed sets for the Bahamas for OpenCPN from o-charts.
Just stay tuned...

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 10:41   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Helsingborg
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,704
Re: Bermuda Charts

Hubert

Sorry, the thread is about Bermuda, not Bahamas.
But.....Imray has chart for Bermuda!!

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 11:02   #6
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 3,775
Re: Bermuda Charts

My fault of course....
Too fast with regions in the West Atlantic starting with "B".
Sorry about the confusion.

Bermudas are edited by UKHO and for reasons beyond our comprehension a big part of the charts are not available for licensing - we have an idea about the reason, but this does not change the the judgement from above.

The only way to get actual charts for OpenCPN here is to license some of the S-63 charts for the ports and approaches you need.

Having to add that the Bermuda charts are not licensed for OpenCPN by Imray neither. Not in the package.

Another example of that type are the charts from Venezuela in Eastern Caribbean that are missing.

Although I wonder if somebody from the OpenCPN community is sailing to Venezuela right now...

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 12:09   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bogue Sound NC
Boat: Cape Dory MKII 1987 Hull #3
Posts: 515
Re: Bermuda Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Hubert

Sorry, the thread is about Bermuda, not Bahamas.
But.....Imray has chart for Bermuda!!

Thomas
========================
thanks just ordered

looking at
Bermuda Island - Passages US East Coast & Caribbean & Europe (NV.Charts, 16.1) Map 2012

not sure, covers a lot of territory and afraid Bermuda is lost in the package at
74.00?
__________________
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Geriatrics Rule
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 12:09   #8
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 494
Re: Bermuda Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davil View Post
Hi trying to download Bermuda and cannot find the catalog on my list
Using Open CPN for android
thanks
Standard CM93/2 is fine for Bermuda.

The Town Cut into St Georges is accurate as is the harbour. You have to make landfall here.

Sea Venture Channel and the route to Hamilton and Ireland Island are well buoyed.

Soundings on CM93/2 are good for other areas but you will be navigating by sight anyway.
Tupaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 12:14   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bogue Sound NC
Boat: Cape Dory MKII 1987 Hull #3
Posts: 515
Re: Bermuda Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaia View Post
Standard CM93/2 is fine for Bermuda.

The Town Cut into St Georges is accurate as is the harbour. You have to make landfall here.

Sea Venture Channel and the route to Hamilton and Ireland Island are well buoyed.

Soundings on CM93/2 are good for other areas but you will be navigating by sight anyway.
=======================
thanks
my understanding is the CM93/2 js not longer available? and for what I read looks like will take more tech skills to get it into OpenCPN?
__________________
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Geriatrics Rule
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 12:46   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bogue Sound NC
Boat: Cape Dory MKII 1987 Hull #3
Posts: 515
Re: Bermuda Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
My fault of course....
Too fast with regions in the West Atlantic starting with "B".
Sorry about the confusion.

Bermudas are edited by UKHO and for reasons beyond our comprehension a big part of the charts are not available for licensing - we have an idea about the reason, but this does not change the the judgement from above.

The only way to get actual charts for OpenCPN here is to license some of the S-63 charts for the ports and approaches you need.

Having to add that the Bermuda charts are not licensed for OpenCPN by Imray neither. Not in the package.

Another example of that type are the charts from Venezuela in Eastern Caribbean that are missing.

Although I wonder if somebody from the OpenCPN community is sailing to Venezuela right now...

Hubert
==================================
just purchased Bermudas are edited by UKHO from American Nautical Services 42.00
__________________

__________________
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Geriatrics Rule
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Bermuda, charts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BVI to Bermuda and Bermuda to NJ/NY/CT Cool Hand Luke Destinations 14 11-08-2018 20:43
Gear, Sails, Anchors, Rodes, Charts, Charts, Charts over40pirate Classifieds Archive 45 23-07-2015 05:49
charts charts charts? jsquared Navigation 19 02-06-2015 12:19
Crew Wanted: Sailing late Apriol/early may Grenada-Bermuda and Bermuda-Nova Scotia mryer Crew Archives 6 16-03-2015 10:35
For Sale: Charts, charts and more charts ocean31 Classifieds Archive 1 02-07-2012 19:26

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:38.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.