Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2018, 09:20   #1

Yacht Controller

Yacht Controller is a hand held remote control for engines, bow & stern thrusters, and windlass operation. More information is here: Yacht Controller - Wireless Remote Control of Your Yacht

I have enjoyed using mine for about seven years. It has made docking and setting anchor much easier and more precise by enabling operation of controls at low speeds while being anywhere on the boat to get the best view of distance to docks and other objects. I have been able to keep our boat within inches of intended position while docking in tight marina slips.

I have just encountered an unusual condition, and would like to know if other users have experienced this condition. At just one marina, Cap Sante in Anacortes, Washington, USA, the device takes a very long time (5 minutes or more) to "Take Command".

Take Command simply means that it becomes active for applying thrust from engines, bow thrusters, or windlass up or down. It is achieved by pressing one button for a few seconds until two orange lights come on, and then pressing a second button twice which makes the lights blink to indicate that the device is active. The anomaly is that it now delays becoming active at this one location. I am wondering if there may be a radio frequency interference issue at Cap Sante that does not exist at other locations.

I know that the device is dual band. The design intent was to avoid such conflicts with cranes and other equipment using similar radio controls. If one band was in operation by such other equipment Yacht Controller was to use the free band. Maybe we now have too many devices using the same bands causing such conflicts.
St. Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yacht