I need to wire my Vesper Watchmate properly.
It has a sheathed cable coming off it, with:
1 pair of wires for power
1 pair of wires for NMEA GPS
Both these wire pairs are fairly thin, typical of data wires. Now i have a few issues:
1. The think power wires need to ultimately go to a ring terminal on a Circuit Breaker, do they go to a ticker gauge wire first, or do I use a small enough ring terminal for this gauge?
2. The power wires and the data wires need to go off in different directions - the GPS NMEA
out needs to go to the VHF
- I presume I just strip enough sheath off to accomplish this, but then it all starts to look a bit untidy and I would like to keep it looking tidy.
3. Best way to join the GPS wires from the Vesper to the VHF
- I am thinking a butt joiner but not sure if they come in a small enough size? The last guy used terminal blocks, but they look so damn untidy.
If any one else has done a similar job and made it look tidy I would be keen to see pictures of your work!