Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2016, 08:54   #1

Boat: 58'Kelsall Ballota Catamaran
Wirie IP address conflicts with Raymaine eS127

The wirie antenna booster for the Internet has an IP address with the same digits as the new RayMarine es127 series, and neither company seems interested in changing its methods to accommodate the other. As a result, I can't connect the RayMarine to the Wirie, which means the RayMarine can't get the signal strength it needs to install new updates. They both need each other, but no resolution seems in sight. If there is a fix anyone knows about, let me know.

BTW-- The wirie, which has a nice direct email address for support, reported that the issue was brought to RayMarine's attention in Oct. 2015, who acknowledged that it neede to be addressed in the next software update, but according to their tech support, has not. On the other hand, Raymarine, who refuses to have a direct email address to support, gave attitude. They are not very helpful. But the bottom line is no fix for now. A "sorry, we haven't got there yet" would have been nice. Oh well. Perhaps when the folks at Raymarine see Garmin and others getting better reviews they will be nicer.
ocean.jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 08:24   #2

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch
Re: Wirie IP address conflicts with Raymaine eS127

I've got an e127, but I don't connect it to the ship's wifi.

You can download the firmware updates with your notebook, throw them on a sdcard, and then load them that way.

Probably safer too.

Is there any other advantage to having it on the same wifi as the ship's internet, other than I guess having internet and remote control on the same network?

I typically only turn the wifi on when I'm using the remote control app, which is usually in the middle of the night when I'm worried about the anchor or weather.
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maine