You're both right. I don't often start threads and I should have noted this is a battery charger. And in working this problem, I've discovered that chargers do, indeed, die.
For whatever it may be worth to others... what I discovered is that the West Marine
WC20 (there's a 40 amp model called a WC40 also) is actully working. Theere is a remote
display connected via what appears to be telephone cable that is not.
We had a sudden bloom/explosion of mold
in our boat
about two weeks ago. The area had two weeks of rain and a few very hot days. I'm wondering if somehow the mold
damaged the remote
display? It's a PCB board open to the air. I know this sounds far fetched. But the coincidence of the two events
makes me wonder.