Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2022, 22:00   #1

Boat: Van de Stadt 38'
Weather Fax from JVcomm32 printing problem

For years I have been receiving wefaxes on (HF) SSB, using JVComm32(Yes, it is registered), printed them on a Canon inkjet IP90. I used XP & Win7 on 2 laptops.
The pictures always fitted on the top half of a A4 sheet. ( meaning i could print 2 faxes to a A4 sheet) The last time used this, was in early 2020.

Forward to today: Wanting to go offshore again, I recently found that everything still works as it was EXCEPT for the printing.
For some mysterious (to me) reason the faxes only print in the center of an A4. (The printing does not start at the top of the page anymore)

Using the same laptops and software, I tried 3 different printers eg the old Canon Ip90 a Canon IP100(ink jets) and a Brother Pocket jet Pj-673 (Thermal printer) and no matter what size paper I set on the printers, the faxes print in the center of the page. The picture size just varies

Printing a text file (on these printers) from Widows ,they all print as per normal eg it prints from top of page to bottom

So I presume, the problem be in the software.??
Can anyone suggest a solution??
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 11:26   #2

Boat: Lancer 27PS
Re: Weather Fax from JVcomm32 printing problem

Couple of questions:

1. Are you printing for JVComm or
2. Are you saving the file as a JPEG then printing from Windows?

I personally would have to receive a file on JVComm and print before I can tell if it is software or windows. So in the mean time I will do that.

Update - Sorry, I don't have the driver for my current printer on the Laptop I have connected to the rig. However, I did open one of my saved FAXs and it displayed correctly in my viewer. My settings were for "Letter" and not "A4". I know they are almost the same, but maybe the software is not looking at it from that perspective. Try letter size vs A4 size.

Just a thought.
Brian.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 14:13   #3

Boat: Van de Stadt 38'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.D View Post
Couple of questions:

1. Are you printing for JVComm or
2. Are you saving the file as a JPEG then printing from Windows?

I personally would have to receive a file on JVComm and print before I can tell if it is software or windows. So in the mean time I will do that.

Update - Sorry, I don't have the driver for my current printer on the Laptop I have connected to the rig. However, I did open one of my saved FAXs and it displayed correctly in my viewer. My settings were for "Letter" and not "A4". I know they are almost the same, but maybe the software is not looking at it from that perspective. Try letter size vs A4 size.

Just a thought.

You gave me an idea:
* If I print from JVcomm the png file prints in the center of any sheet, irrespective of the format eg A4, letter etc.

* But If i open the same png file with Firefox, choose "print" , set to "portrait" and than print. The file actually prints on the top half of a sheet.
So now I made a shortcut to the Hf-Fax directory , associate png with Firefox and hit 'print'.

That's problem solved for me.......

Yet, of memory, I printed the faxes a few years ago through Jvcomm and they all printed from the top of sheet down. Maybe 'faulty' memory?
Thanks Brian.
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 18:35   #4

Boat: Lancer 27PS

Well, thanks to you I loaded the driver on my computer. LOL Now I can print from my radio connected laptop.
Brian.D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weather