Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2017, 04:36   #1

Two B&G Zeus networked displays

I am not clear if two Zeus 2 MFD's can be networked so that both can display different screens. The Zeus sailing functions interest me, but I want complete flexibility in how the data can be displayed

For example one showing charts, with radar overlay, and the other with sailing functions. Or radar on one, and chart on the other, etc......

How to connect the Zeus to my existing Ray ST-HS backbone?
Hoghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 05:25   #2

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40
Re: Two B&G Zeus networked displays

I'm %90 sure you CANNOT display Raymarine radar data on a Zeus plotter. I beleive the Zeus products only interface with B&G radar equipment.

As to connecting NMEA2000 to a Raymarine HS network. It can be done. I have seen it done by using a Raymarine MFD with both SeatalkNG (essentially NMEA2000 with different connector) and a Seatalk HS port.

So in your case (I'm assuming you have a Raymarine radar), it may make sense to have one Raymarine plotter (showing your radar and map) and a Zeus doing the sailing functions.... However, I understand that the new Raymarine equipment has integrated sailing functions as well. So maybe just sticking with straight Raymarine is your answer.
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 06:20   #3

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite
Re: Two B&G Zeus networked displays

You can definitely have multiple Zeus displays on the NMEA 2000 network, where each works independently. I have a 9" Zeus 2 at my port helm and a 7" Zeus 2 at my starboard helm. I even will run two different sets of charts (e.g. one running Navionics, the other running C-Map) so I can have two different views into the area I am.

You will need to go to Navico (B&G, Simrad, Lowrance) radar for the Zeus plotters. I'm pretty sure that if you want radar display options on both plotters, they will all need to be on the same ethernet network. If you only want radar on one plotter, you can directly connect the Ethernet cable from the radar's RI-10 controller to the ethernet port on one of the chart plotters. There are several options (both from Navico or other 3rd party options) if you want to network all of the devices. If you go 3rd party with traditional RJ-45 connectors, you will be looking at either splicing cables or purchasing the Navico ethernet to RJ-45 cables.
indimini is offline   Reply With Quote