Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2015, 16:27   #1

transducer/display compatibilty

Hello Forum;

I have a 50/200 MHz transducer, and want to connect it to a gauge-type display that shows only depth and temperature. I'm not sure if this transducer is compatible with a 200MHz display. At the moment the only 50/200 MHz displays I can find are for fish finders, which are not satiable for my needs.

Thank you;

Jim
jimthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 12:54   #2

Re: transducer/display compatibilty

I'll explain a bit more about my problem. I have a radarsonic model 408 dual frequency hull-mounted transducer installed on the boat, with a defunct display. I'm pretty sure that a single 200 kHz display is not compatible with this transducer, and I have to replace it with a fishfinder. I'm just not sure what to look for is terms of compatibility. For example, is transducer wattage output on the display relevant to transducer wattage? Wattage is specified as peak-to-peak and also RMS?

Any help is appreciated!
Jimthom
jimthom is offline   Reply With Quote