Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019, 11:17   #1

Redport Optimizer/GSM Help Needed

Hi all,

I've been reading through a lot of posts here about onboard data and settled on the Redport Optimizer with a GSM USB dongle, and a Wilson Electronics Marine Antenna (less relevant for this post).

I've got the Redport setup and can access that fine. I bought a Huawei dongle (unlocked) and picked up a data only sim card from Orange France (currently in La Rochelle picking up boat).

I can connect to the network created by the Huawei if I plug the dongle directly into my laptop, but when I connect it to the Redport, I'm having little luck.

The PPP/GSM settings seem to be configured correctly, but it won't connect, so not sure where to go from here.

Anyone successfully running this setup? Any ideas on where to go for help? Redport suggest they don't support GSM connections (thanks for telling me that before I bought your product!), and Orange don't really understand what I'm trying to do.

Thanks in advance.
havanesey_day is offline   Reply With Quote