Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 07:31   #1

Raytheon R10X Help please?

Does anyone in the U.K, Europe or U.S have a Raytheon R10X that they would sell and ship to me in Scotland. My display no longer lights up, everything else is working fine, no parts or service is available from Raytheon as it is now classed as totally obsolete. I really don't want replace it all when it is only a problem with the screen. I will buy a complete unit including cables and pay all and any shipping if someone has one available.

Thanks folks, I have joined this forum specifically to contact anyone who may have one of these.
boathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:36   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Re: Raytheon R10X Help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boathead View Post
Does anyone in the U.K, Europe or U.S have a Raytheon R10X that they would sell and ship to me in Scotland. My display no longer lights up, everything else is working fine, no parts or service is available from Raytheon as it is now classed as totally obsolete. I really don't want replace it all when it is only a problem with the screen. I will buy a complete unit including cables and pay all and any shipping if someone has one available.

Thanks folks, I have joined this forum specifically to contact anyone who may have one of these.
See Raytheon R10X Raster Scan Radar Display. Dome Radar Sold Separately | eBay

Contact the Seller regarding shipping. You might be able to make a deal.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23   #3

Thanks, seen this one on ebay, won't ship outside U.S. and can't contact seller to try to negotiate, ebay just says 'seller does not ship to your region'. If I could get hold of them via email/ebay I would buy and cover any shipping, but just can't e done.

Thanks for taking time though, I appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:40   #4

Boat: corbin39

Sent a massage
B-Baysailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 15:04   #5

Boat: Catalina 470

boathead,
You may also wish to look at JRC units....as the older Raytheon R40x and R20x were actually made by JRC for Raytheon....and we could assume that the R10x is from the same contract??

Just thinking if you could widen the search, you may find the pickings better...

BTW, the R40x was the first "raster scan" radar I ever used....a radar screen that you could see without the big black hood!
A nice piece of kit in its day!!

I hope this helps..

Fair winds...

John
ka4wja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 15:08   #6

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Ask an electronic guy to look at the screen. It's just a monitor.
Any TV type electronic guy ought to be able to fix it, assuming no specialized parts.
(That's what I used to do for a living for 30 years)

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 17:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Ask an electronic guy to look at the screen. It's just a monitor.
Any TV type electronic guy ought to be able to fix it, assuming no specialized parts.
(That's what I used to do for a living for 30 years)
Thanks for your reply, I am taking it to a guy who may be able to help, the problem is that Raytheon have no parts available anymore so if it needs anything then it's probably going to need imagination and inventiveness!

I know it is a really old piece of kit but until last week it worked well and I understand it, don't want to come into the 21st century, pretty happy here on the dark ages, though I did have a young guy explain why I am irresponsible to have so little in the way of electronic aids onboard.

I may have located a complete unit via the forum and so between the two there should be enough parts to see me through, the dinosaurs are extinct and I think I'm going the same way, along with my Raytheon!

Thanks folks, I'll let you all know if I manage to get the one on offer.
Old 05-12-2015, 18:38   #8

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

If the vendor will not ship outside the usa, you could get a free account at MyUS, a Florida based re-shipper that has many useful functions. They will receive and then re-ship items to you, usually at lower cost than the vendors can offer.

I've only used them a few times, but have been happy with their service.

Jim
Old 07-12-2015, 03:07   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Hi Boathead. I was at a used boat parts shop yesterday and they had a Raytheon 10X on the shelf. The owner wasn't there but the weekend clerk thought they would ship overseas but you should contact the owner first. He wouldn't want to ship it unless he knew it was working 100%.

Monkey Fist Marine
851 Bulkhead Road
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
904-999-4986
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 16:30   #10

Hi there and may I say thanks to you all for your assistance. I have located a complete unit via the forum and the forum member is being very understanding and helpful and arranging shipping to me from the U.S. It has been a really pleasant experience and again I want to thank you all and this forum.

Hey, whilst I'm here if anyone knows of a working Echopilot Bronze FLS, no need for transducer, mines fine, but please do let me know if you have one you pulled out in the past or have seen one in your travels. Again it's an obsolete piece of kit but less so than the old Seafarer I fitted originally and am using since the Echopilot died on me.

Sorry guys, I know I am a basket case but I've done a lot of miles with all this kit and I just don't want to 'upgrade' and integrate everything I'm getting kinda long in the tooth for that.

Tags
lease, raytheon