Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2018, 08:40   #1

Boat: Prout Catamaran 36'
Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot Problem

Is there someone out there?

I had to replace my Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot with an identical second hand one. It told me that there was "No Pilot".

Upon installing the replacement all seemed to work well, until I connected the "depth" and "wind" with the smiley plugs. They are all connwcted in series. For about 6 seconds all seems to work well and then the Autopilot starts beeping and tells me that there is "No Pilot". I've been told that there is a poor connection somewhere.

The "Depth" and "Wind" are functioning all okay on their own giving correct information. The Autopilot doesn't like them. He is the offending one.

Is there someone out there that has an answer? Please help.

Jan Aucamp Searat
Janaucamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 09:16   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Searat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janaucamp View Post
Is there someone out there?

I had to replace my Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot with an identical second hand one. It told me that there was "No Pilot".

Upon installing the replacement all seemed to work well, until I connected the "depth" and "wind" with the smiley plugs. They are all connwcted in series. For about 6 seconds all seems to work well and then the Autopilot starts beeping and tells me that there is "No Pilot". I've been told that there is a poor connection somewhere.

The "Depth" and "Wind" are functioning all okay on their own giving correct information. The Autopilot doesn't like them. He is the offending one.

Is there someone out there that has an answer? Please help.

Jan Aucamp Searat
Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF SEARAT.

The following is a suggestion, made in a friendly tone of voice, with the sole intent to help you get the answers or help you want.

You posted in a "subforum" of this site that is not about technical problems with boats or electronics, it is for questions related to the website (CF) itself.

I suggest you post your request in the following subforum, which is focused on boat electronics and installation issues.
Marine Electronics - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

When you begin to post your request, make sure you choose a title that will get the attention of the owners/users of the Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot.

I suggest the following title:
"Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot Problem"

You can simply copy/paste your original post request text when you start a new thread in the electronics subforum. OR, you can click on the small TRIANGLE shaped "warning sign" icon on the bottom of a post, which will send an alert to the CF Moderators, and you can ask them to move your post and give it a new title.

Hope these tips help. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time on CF too!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 09:18   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Searat

Also,
Here are some previous discussion threads about that model of autopilot. I suggest reading through these for previous comments about the issue of pilot recognition, etc.

Raymarine ST6200 Autopilot Threads
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=011403...lot&gsc.page=1

In particular, I think THIS thread will prove helpful:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ot-163381.html
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote