Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 13:05   #1

Boat: Creekmore 45 cutter
Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder intermittent

Hello! I have a Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder that works intermittently. I am presently sailing in Maine and when I’m in the Bays, it goes off soundings and reads “Last 210 ft” or something similar. When it comes back on soundings, it’ll still be intermittent “Last 64 ft” Last “32.4 ft”. After the first time going off soundings it seems to only have the difficulty picking it up again consistently....and usually when I’m heading into port!! I dove on the boat today and growth is not a problem.
Any suggestion or does anyone else have a similar problem that they’ve corrected?
Thank you.
sailorfred
sailorfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:53   #2

Boat: Hylas 49
Re: Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder intermittent

Had the same problem. Talk to a Ray tech at the boat show who correctly diagnosed the problem as corrosion in the wire leading to the ST60. Luckily, there was a bunch of wire zip-tied, so I shortened the wire, added new terminals and was back in business. Otherwise I was looking at snaking a lot of wire from the transducer to the ST60.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:04   #3

Boat: Creekmore 45 cutter
Re: Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder intermittent

Thank you! I suspected as much. So I will take apart the pod at the helm first and check the wires on the back. Just had all of that opened last February when a new chartplotter was installed. Thank you so much.
sailorfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depth, depth sounder, marine, raymarine