Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2021, 03:03   #1

Raymarine S2G autopilot problem

I have a problem with my Raymarine S2G SmartPilot autopilot connected to an ST6002 controller. It has worked faultlessly for around 12 years but now veers about 20 degrees off course when first engaged (instead of holding the current course). If I correct the course by pressing the +10 button twice it then holds the desired course OK. My guess is that the fluxgate compass has somehow lost its calibration but have little idea how this actually works or what might cause it to suddenly lose the plot. And, no, I haven't just installed a steel fire extinguisher next to the compass! Has anyone out there had a similar problem? Thanks.
johnrseager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, marine, raymarine