Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2011, 11:35   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David
Raymarine cable

I need to extend my cables on my Raymarine ST60 instruments ( new pod going in), would anybody know where I might be able to purchase 10 ft of the oem raymarine cable for wind speed and depth on a ST60 system.

I would like to keep the cable colors etc as per the oem wire,

Fletch
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 10:04   #2

Boat: Morgan 41
Re: Raymarine cable

Assuming each of the three instruments is connected directly to its own transducer, and you want to extend those cables, the depth is a 3-wire and the speed/temp is a 5-wire cable. I'm not sure about the wind cable. You most likely have Airmar transducers so if you wanted to retain the color scheme, they would be a source for the cable if you couldn't get it from Raymarine. An easier solution would be to use plain vanilla 3-wire and 5-wire cables and color the individual wires to match the existing (nail polish, colored tape, or a small tag with "red," "green," etc., as applicable). Also suggest you solder the connections, and use heat shrink to insulate.
capn jlp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raymarine