Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2022, 12:21   #1

Boat: 2007 Lagoon 440 OV
Raymarine Axium Chart Plotter and I Pad/I Phone Communication

Hello Everyone,
We recently purchased a new to us boat and we are trying to figure out the electronics. We have an Axium 10 Pro that has the previous owners Navionics charts on them. I had a previous Navionics account for my mobile devises. Following are the steps we have taken to get the chart plotter to communicate with mobile devises:
- We purchased a chart card from Navionics for the chart plotter using my account. The charts work well in the plotter when inserted into the card reader.
- Multiple times we have tried to sync our devices to the plotter to get the charts available on the devices. We always get a message that says “something went wrong with your sync”
- We have the plotter and devices on either a hot spot network or to the plotter itself and can still not get them to sync.

Has anyone had an issue similar to this. If so, please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
Liming II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2022, 13:16   #2

Re: Raymarine Axium Chart Plotter and I Pad/I Phone Communication

Have you downloaded the RayControl app available from Raymarine? That may help.
JEB
Jebtrois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 22:25   #3

Hi Mike,

Having re-read your post, I believe there to just be a misunderstanding of Navionics's confusing 'product line'.

If you bought the chart card for the plotter, this is entirely separate from their mobile app. To get charts on the phone app, you then need to buy another subscription through the app.

If you would like to update the chart plotters data at any point within the year of its included updates, a relatively recent Lighthouse software update (The Operating System of the Axiom line) supposedly added the capability of Navionics update/purchasing. I have not yet used it, but it should now be a feature nonetheless.

Firstly, you need to connect to the Display's own WiFi Network. Doing so by: HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->WIFI CONNECTION SETTINGS-CONFIGURE->PASSPHRASE->SHOW CHARACTERS

You then connect your phone to this network and open the navionics app. This should bring up some option to update the charts on the display permitting it is still in date.
Sayluh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 22:32   #4
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

If you use the Raymarine display mirror app or the remote control app, you do NOT need any charts local to the iPhone

Tags
marine, phone, raymarine