Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2019, 22:20   #1

Raymarine 7001 control head problem

Wonder if anyone has had this problem, and can help me before I see how far this unit will bounce off the nearest wall....

Have a 7001 control unit on a Type 2 drive and an s3 computer on a Valiant 40.

The unit would power up and drive the linear drive, but the screen was burnt out so I replaced it with one of the ones from eBay.

Went well, screen powers up nicely on Standby, showing current compass reading and rudder position, and also registers changes.

BUT, it won’t respond to any button pushes, no beep and no response, so can’t go to auto or any other function.

I have had a long look inside the unit, don’t seem to have any issues related to the screen replacement.

Took it to the Ray people, the usual response, the control unit is broken here is a $1000 replacement. The computer and drive worked OK with a spare 6002 head.

Does this ring any bells? Any suggestions?
olaf hart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, marine, raymarine