Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2015, 09:54   #16

Boat: Beneteau OC 41.1
Re: Pls help Identify this electrical receptacle

Thank you all for your very helpful responses. I have researched further and believe I have found the answer, the 2006 Dufour 34 was an anniversary addition (40 yrs) which included a few upgrades including this one:

"12V outlet in cockpit for inspection light"

So the winners were Horus, PDScott and Djarraluda. I recall now that I also first thought it was for the windlass (wishful thinking) but the plugs didn't match with the remote in the forward cabin. Also it couldn't be an autotiller as I have a wheel, but agree it did look like several autotillers I found on the internet. Lastly not shown in the picture but separately there is a smaller receptacle for the VHF mike.

Now, if anyone knows where I can get a three prong inspection light I'm all set.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts. I find CF a very useful forum thanks to those willing to provide their thoughts like everyone who responded to my question.

B-to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 11:38   #17

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

Any dual lamp, with a high and low beam setting, a coiled cord with the ability to place the connector end of the appropriate choice, will work. Marine grade preferred, however not always afforded.
lonesoldier0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 17:03   #18

Boat: Leopard 47

I don't understand why those Europeans need a bulky power plug that looks like an audio connector.
Old 24-09-2015, 20:50   #19

Boat: Farr 1020

Whitworths Marine and Leisure is the easy Australian resource for the plug and socket sets (2 pin or 3 pin available), but I believe they are Taiwanese origin and must be available in US.
Djarraluda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, electric, electrical