Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2024, 08:25   #1

Open Source Remote Control for Raymarine Seatalk Auto Pilots

Hopefully this isnt counted as spam , i'm sharing my open source project for free and just want other sailers to hopefully get some benefit from my work.

I'm a keen sailor but a bit tight with money and hate paying when i can make my own . Being an electronics buff helps some what here.

One problem i wanted to tackle was being able to remotely control my auto pilot ( Raymarine / Autohelm ST1000+ ) There are commercial products but they are very expensive such as the s100 . Over this past year i've been working on the hardware design (PCB and Case) as well as the software and seatalk links.

I've completed it to a version 1 where it can control any seatalk enabled auto pilot using either a 433mhz remote or a web app. Commands include +/- 1|10 turn off and on etc These can be mapped to the buttons using the web interface . The deisgn also allows it to be controlled using the web interface as well.

As the design is duplex i'm working on a TCP/IP ST -> NMEA multiplexer that will send and receive info from Open CPN.

There are a lot of features being worked on and hopefully the project helps others

Link to the github repo
https://github.com/nauti-control/STWirelessRemote

philipb78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2024, 15:00   #2

Re: Open Source Remote Control for Raymarine Seatalk Auto Pilots

Not spam at all. I found your project when trying to find a replacement for my S100. I was put off when I found out that a replacement was over $500 USD when I knew that I could build my own for under $100 if I knew the protocols.

I love that you did this!

I think it is not exactly what I need, since everything in my system works except that the S100 itself had batteries burst and corrode everything. So, I really just need a new S100. But, I am considering just using one of these instead. I might make my own S100 knock-off using the existing S100 enclosure, but which talks to the ST Wireless Controller.
Foswick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, raymarine, remote, seatalk