Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2018, 18:57   #1

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 49
*New* Furuno GP1971F

I had the chance to play with the new Furuno GP1971F Chartplotter/Fishfinder combo today. Let me tell you this thing is amazing. It has the processing power Furuno is known for and actually uses C-Map 4D charts, which are my favorite. You can connect up to a 1kW transducer to it and get some bad ass bottom discrimination (or a CHIRP transducer if you like to fish). It is also able to wirelessly connect to the DRS4W radar and will display AIS.

For less than $2k you could have a very nice Chartplotter/Radar/Fishfinder
Furuno GP1871F $875
Furuno DRS4W $995
Airmar P319 $100

Total $1970

We are vegetarian and do not fish but I have been considering adding a Furuno FCV588 just so I could power a 1kW transducer (I'm not sure why, but I would love to see the bottom at 3000+ ft) as well as get that awesome bottom discrimination (If you haven't experienced the Furuno Bottom Discrimination you are missing out). I may give the GP1971F a try instead, although I don't really need a third chartplotter.
Old 20-01-2019, 06:52   #2

Re: *New* Furuno GP1971F

I took this device thinking that it represented a quality, reliability and professional reliability, but I had e very bad expérience with that device and bye the after sales service.
The device crashes completely and reboots to about 5 times minimum a day during navigation. In addition we had a big problem, we coupled it with the autopilot. after having taken the hand in manual time to cross a freighter we passed a waypoint and reactivated the coupling with the pilot after that. The GPS started a half turn instantly to resume the waypoint already passed and we sent on the pebbles. Bye chance it's a strong westerly. No response from the after sales service to try to solve the problem.
wightmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 02:45   #3

Re: *New* Furuno GP1971F

Probem solve,

I had a contact with furuno France and they send me an update.
wightmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furuno