Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2021, 17:31   #16

Boat: Dickerson 36 Center Cockpit Ketch
Re: New display for OLD transducer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaPDX View Post
You could have used a RayMarine iTC-5 converter, as it is a 200kHz driver. This would have put out the result onto an NMEA 2000 bus, available for any display device.

Greg
The CP is a Raymarine c120, which is pre-NMEA 2000, and, as I mentioned, it is flakey. Right now, the Pi with openCPN4 is something up a back-up, and I'm not sure yet if it will become the main CP or I will get a whole new system. For now, I just need an inexpensive solution while I figure out which direction I want to go. So, while the interface you suggest would be helpful to many, I'd want an additional display to go with it, and the iTC-5 is already more expensive than the i40. So, if the i40 works, it's a better short-term solution for me.

Tags
transducer