I am planning (more like dreaming yet) to put together a network to integrate chartplotter
, instruments, computers/tablets/phones, a 24” LED monitor
My goals are to use data interchangeably in all (applicable) devices for redundancy + ability to cast on big screen
Device inventory will be as follows;
C80 w RD218 2KW Radar
i50 instrument set (Depth/Speed/Wind)
- Raymarine SmartPilot X5 Wheel
Pilot (integration would be nice but not crucial)
- Rapsberry Pi 3 (dedicated navigation
& monitoring computer via Open_CPN with stand-alone gps)
Transponder Matsutec or Vesper or Digital Yacht (still researching- suggestions most welcome)
- Bitstorm BadBoy w Unleashed N
- 2x Windows 10 notebooks (one will have same Open_CPN setup as backup)
- 2x Android tablets
- 3x Android smartphones
- 24” LED Screen
Chromecast for wifi
connectivity (any other suggestions most welcome)
My questions are
- Does it practical and/or efficient to try to integrate all. ANd is this the best way to do it.
- Do I need to set up a WAN for interconnecting all (via a wireless router I guess) or wired network is a better idea
- Would system operate properly without internet
- Do I need and NMEA 2000
to WiFi (or LAN) converter? (Follow up q – what would be the most cost-efficient device... I prefer NOT to buy $500 DY server)
- Can I feed AIS
Data to C80 as well… In other words... How I can feed AIS data to both the computer and C80 simultaneously.
Many thanks in advance to all.
- Raymarine C80+Instruments+AP are installed in the cockpit
– Radar Antenna
is on the mast
. Computer, AIS and Screen will be on the nav station.
- I consider myself as a savvy user but not an IT Pro. I can understand concepts, can make proper installations and type in previously written code. Cannot write nor alter the code.
- I wouldn’t mind running wires if necessary (and/or more reliable and efficient)