Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 13:19   #1

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Merging Multiple MaxSea 10.1 Trails

Hi Guys,

I have got a problem with Max Sea. For one reason or another our trails have been saved to 3 different layers and I would like to merge them into 1. Anyone know how to do this?

Also previously when we truned track on the program would crash back to desktop within a few seconds of track being turned on. Now I fixed this but cant remember what I did. Anyone else experience this issue?

Cheers

-Al
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 23:18   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Open all the layer files with tracks and confirm you see all tracks. Now, save the layer file.

crashes can have too many causes to address the problem. Windows alone is flaky enough so it's a wonder programs work at all. Best strategy is to use a program to make an image of the entire hard drive, like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. First backup your data and restore your laptop to the state of when it was sold (using a "restoration DVD" or program. Now, make the first image. Next, apply the windows updates and make 2nd image. Now install your software, check that everything works and make another image. Use a small portable hard disk to store those images. Now you can buy a second hard disk identical to the one in your laptop and let a geek show you how to exchange the drive in your laptop. Restore the last image to the new drive. Now, when you get trouble you can swap hard drives if you need a quick fix, or restore the image to fix any problems. As this also purges any virusses etc. you can even uninstall virus scanners which will improve performance and reliability a lot.

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 23:54   #3

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Open all the layer files with tracks and confirm you see all tracks. Now, save the layer file.
Thanks Nick. Though I dont seem to have made any difference.

I opened layers A,B and C. Then hit save. A B and C tracks however are still seperate. I want everything on layer A B and C as one layer - lets call it D.

Did I miss something in your instructions?

Cheers

-Al
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54   #4
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Hmmm... try "save as" ? When you open all the layer files you see all the tracks, right?

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxsea