Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 16:31   #1

McMurdo M10 AIS software needed

Hi - Does anyone have the McMurdo M10/M10W AIS transponder CD that includes the configuration utilities? Specifically, I need the AIS class b configuration program: "mcmurdo_ais_classb_config.exe". I don't have the CD.

Additionally, I need to change the programmed MMSI. There is a partner engineering utility called "mcmurdo m10 engineering configuration tool 1.2". This may only be available to McMurdo service providers -- if so, anyone in Los Angeles that can reprogram the MMSI number for me?

Thank you
Don
Capt.Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:59   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: McMurdo M10 AIS software needed

? ➥ McMurdo AIS Class B Configuration - McMurdo Software Informer.
? ➥ https://www.manualslib.com/manual/95...tfind-M10.html

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:00   #3

You'll need to go to a service provider to change/program your MMSI number. If you were in Miami, I could help you out. I'm not sure who in LA can program McMurdo products, but I'd check with Avalon. Good people there and can be reached at (310) 549-9665.
RodtheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:10   #4

Gordon - thanks for looking. Already checked Software Informer -- they ask for email and then say software is not available, will email if/when found.
Thanks,
Don
Old 05-10-2017, 07:11   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodtheRebel View Post
You'll need to go to a service provider to change/program your MMSI number. If you were in Miami, I could help you out. I'm not sure who in LA can program McMurdo products, but I'd check with Avalon. Good people there and can be reached at (310) 549-9665.
Rod - I visited Avalon yesterday -- great people. Unfortunately, we were unable to download the engineering utility from the McMurdo website. It looks like they've reorganized their partner portal and many of the links are missing or broken. We've contacted McMurdo and waiting for response.
Thanks
Don
Old 05-10-2017, 08:39   #6

The folks on YBW forum pointed out that the McMurdo M10W is a rebranded Alltek Marine Camino 108. The Alltek site's documentation, drivers and software is much more up-to-date and current than McMurdo. From the Camino product page, I was able to find the configuration utility, which may(??) work with the McMurdo.

Still looking for help changing the MMSI number. Thanks again,
Don
Old 06-10-2017, 01:24   #7

you're not going to change the mmsi number with the regular ais setup program. you can only set it the first time with that software. it'll probably have to get shipped somewhere. unless there is some special way of doing it.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:42   #8

A quick update -- McMurdo sent me the programs needed Hopefully they will fix the links on their website so others can download the tools too. Several McMurdo "partners" offered help to reset the MMSI. Milltech Marine in Seattle offers a reset service. What ended up working for me was simply asking McMurdo for the tools.

Much thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, links to AMEC/Alltech, and tricks to reset the MMSI. It looks like I have everything needed to configure this used McMurdo AIS transponder.
Don

Tags
ais, software