Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2016, 20:44   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Evenstar
Maxsea 3.0 Upgrade - Anyone else do it yet?

If you did, do you hate it as hard as I do after trying to use it for ten minutes?

Extreme caution for upgraders - they eliminate the Ribbon bars it seems, and replace it with the "Layers" thing.

So simple actions like hiding Wind as Arrows or Routes to improve readability, which used to be one click on the ribbon bar, now require you to open the "Layers" menu, scroll down to the specific area, toggle a radio button, and wait....wait...while it updates the display.

Maybe I will fall in love with this some day. But I can not find a way to restore the Ribbons; they are gone. Not even mentioned in the new user manual. So the UI, which was always a little weird, has gotten weirder and considerably less intuitive.

Just my take as a former software engineer and UI designer that has sailed a reasonable number of miles with this. PLAY WITH IT FIRST somewhere before you upgrade.
S/V Evenstar - Hallberg-Rassy 53 Hull #34
Our travel blog, or "Embarrassing things I do to myself around boats"...
Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxsea