Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2009, 21:33   #1

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
Maptech Offshore Lite Upgrade?

Has anyone had any experience upgrading from Maptech's Offshore Lite to full version Offshore Navigator?? I cannot connect to my autopilot unless I upgrade but the company is going through some ownership changes and selling off some units. Has anyone done this or have a solution?
xxuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 22:20   #2

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
You might try contacting the new owners of Maptech.

This is a break down of who owns what as of 9/18/2008.

Maptech Incorporated has been sold. Each division was sold separately.

Maptech Incorporated's paper products division, which included ChartKit, Embassy Guides, Waterproof Chartbooks, and Waterproof Charts, has been sold to Richardsons' Charts. You may reach us at Richardsons' at 508-990-9020 or 978-834-3090. The website is www.maptech.com <http://www.maptech.com/> .

Chart Navigator Pro and most of Digital Marine, which includes Offshore Navigator, domestic and international digital chart products, and associated softwares and assets were sold to KPM Marine, which is owned by Peter Martin, a former Maptech employee. His telephone number is 978-834-9950. His tech support number is 978-834-9953.

The Capn. software was sold to Star Technologies. The CAPN website is: http://www.theCAPN.com <http://www.thecapn.com/> .

Maptech's hardware/original equipment manufacturer (OEM) division was sold to the Faria Corporation of Uncasville, Conn. See http://www.faria-instruments.com/index.php for more information on Faria.

Maptech's land business, which included the Terrain Navigator line of products, was sold to MyTopo. Their main number is 406-294-9412 and their website is mytopo.com.
JiffyLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:32   #3

Thanks.....

Thank you JiffyLube! I will relate what I have found.......as I do not want to have to buy a new full blown version of Navigator Pro for $499 hen I have almost everything I need except one little software glitch.
Old 02-02-2009, 14:38   #4

Follow-up...........

Just a follow up for anyone wishing to ugrade to full blown Offhore Navigator from Offshore Lite, which comes with the Maptech chart kits. I spoke with Peter Martin (978 834-9950) and he conveyed to me that the upgrade to allow autopilot connection and anchor set option is only$99.95 which includes all 2009 NOAA charts and all 2009 tide tables. If you don't want or need the charts and tide tables, the price is only $49.95 HE is great to work with and I feel this is a great price to get the full blown navigation package if you currently are using Offshore Lite. Thank you again to JiffyLube, you need a payback, man!! I hope this helps someone else.
Old 02-02-2009, 22:07   #5

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxuxx View Post
Just a follow up for anyone wishing to ugrade to full blown Offhore Navigator from Offshore Lite, which comes with the Maptech chart kits. I spoke with Peter Martin (978 834-9950) and he conveyed to me that the upgrade to allow autopilot connection and anchor set option is only$99.95 which includes all 2009 NOAA charts and all 2009 tide tables. If you don't want or need the charts and tide tables, the price is only $49.95 HE is great to work with and I feel this is a great price to get the full blown navigation package if you currently are using Offshore Lite. Thank you again to JiffyLube, you need a payback, man!! I hope this helps someone else.
No thanks needed, just glad I could help you...this is what forums are about.
JiffyLube is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maptech