Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2018, 08:35   #1

Iridium 9505a and Windows 10

Since I last used my 9505a a couple of years ago I have upgraded my computer to one with Windows 10. Has anybody had success making a data connection from the computer to the phone?

I have done everything I should. We I try to connect I get the message Data Call in Progress on the phone, the computer shows that it is connecting, verifying username and password, and then registering on network. But then I don't seem to actually be connected.

I am using Xygrib to try to download weather files and the software is telling me I don't have a connection to their server. This all worked before I "upgraded" my computer.

I'm not really interested in a service like xgate as I am doing a simple passage to the Caribbean and want to be able to check weather twice on each leg down, and then twice on each leg back in the spring.

Cheers

Grant
Grant Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 15:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45
Re: Iridium 9505a and Windows 10

Be sure the Windows firewall isn't blocking the connections. Also, you want to be sure that other traffic on the Windows computer isn't trying to compete with your weather download. This is what an Optimizer with Xgate would do, but you could also do it with windows firewall settings, or even with TripMode (www.tripmode.ch) which is what we use to save bandwidth on cellular and wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Gordon View Post
Since I last used my 9505a a couple of years ago I have upgraded my computer to one with Windows 10. Has anybody had success making a data connection from the computer to the phone?

I have done everything I should. We I try to connect I get the message Data Call in Progress on the phone, the computer shows that it is connecting, verifying username and password, and then registering on network. But then I don't seem to actually be connected.

I am using Xygrib to try to download weather files and the software is telling me I don't have a connection to their server. This all worked before I "upgraded" my computer.

I'm not really interested in a service like xgate as I am doing a simple passage to the Caribbean and want to be able to check weather twice on each leg down, and then twice on each leg back in the spring.

Cheers

Grant

Tags
iridium, wind