Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 12:35   #1

Boat: Sandibar 35
Instrument upgrade - questions

I will redo the cockpit instrument panel this spring. Currently installed are Garmin GPSMap 720 plotter, simrad autopilot control unit, really old depth sounder, and an analogue log. I'm keeping the Simrad AP24 and the Garmin which has its own depth transducer, so don't need the separate sounder. Planning to upgrade the log, and adding a wind gauge. I would like to have the wind and log data displayed at the same time (which I think the multi displays don't?), but keeping the displays down to 3 (AP, Plotter, 4,5" log/multidisplay).

If I may pick your collective brain on these questions:
- Is there any chance of using the signal of the existing paddle wheel assembly with any modern log or multipurpose display?
- same question for the old transducer; if I would keep it could it be hooked up to a modern display?
- Is it possible to hook the wind gauge to the Garmin plotter and have the data displayed on a split screen?
- or do I just need 2 separate extra displays for wind and log + new sources?

Google was no help, and would appreciate suggestions and opinions.
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum